1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no headlights?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JohnnyWalker, Dec 28, 2008.

1. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker Member

last storm i lost my plow lights and just switched over to the factory headlights and it sucked plowing this way.The plow is a 8611 on a 2008 f550. Well today i got the time to try to fix it and couldn't. I checked all my connections and they seemed fine. Checked all my fuses and they seemed fine to. I checked the two 10 amp fuses that come off the isolation module and they were fine but when i put the fuse back in (the 10 amp fuse on the module) i lost the truck headlights all together but not the parking lights. When i take out the fuse again i get back the factory headlights. when i put the fuse back in i hear a click in the module but no headlights. Any ideas ? did the module go bad?
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Pop off your headlight covers on the lightbar. See if the ground diode was ever unplugged. There was a service billitien on this. If the wires inside the deadlight cases going to the ground diode are'nt unplugged on the lights, they will not switch. also, with the turbo diesel, temps under the hood are so hot the boxes go bad. On the Ford, the only acceptable spot to mount the module is in the left front fender cavity.
  3. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker Member

thanks i will check out inside the lights, but i think it might be the module. Anyone know if these modules are warrantied? i bought it in september.
  4. joebob

joebob Junior Member
    from ontario

I had 3 harnesses fully warrentied in our 2007 chevys due to similar problems check it out!
  5. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Hey Johnny Walker! is that you? How you like that 8611? I've got the 810 and love it!