1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Headlights??!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lqmustang, Oct 9, 2006.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I just had a new Boss 8' SD plow installed on my truck today. Got it home this evening and unhooked. Low and behold, after I unhooked the plow, the headlights on the truck did not come on. I checked fuses, all are OK. With a little more tinkering, I found the truck headlights will work if the key is turned off or to the acc position. As soon as the key is switched to on, the headlights go out. This is a new plow with warranty, so I will be calling the dealer to get this sorted out, but I was hoping some on here could give some ideas as to what the problem might be so we can fix it quickly. I am way to busy to have to take time to get this fixed, but don't have much of a choice as headlights are kind of a necessity. BTW, truck is a 2005 F350 4x4.

Thanks in advance

Jason

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You should have a switch mounted somewhere on the dash area. It should say plow /truck flip it to truck and when the plow is on flip to plow.

3. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

Well now, it sure would have been nice for the dealer to tell me about that switch!! The Western on my other truck was automatic, never thought to look for a separate switch.

Thanks for the quick reply!! :drinkup:

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

its nice being able to switch to the truck lights with the plow on. at least with my ford the lights will shine over my v plow, so if i have to drive along distance i turn on the truck lights since the stock plow lights just suck. :)

5. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

Are the lights on the new Boss plows that bad? It was only just getting dark when I got it home last night, so I didn't get to see how well they did in the dark. No matter what, they've got to be better than the lights on my western unimount. They are like using small flashlights. lol

I don't mind having the switch to go from the plow to truck, I just wish the dealer would have told me about it first hand.

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

The traditional halogen Boss lights are alright, but nothing compares to their HID system.

7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I have the HID's and they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! xysport

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Who put it on for you? I Had Terrys do mine a few years ago and forgot to tell me where the switch was. but it works great.

9. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I had it installed at Terry's also. They are a nice bunch of guys, but I still will have to give them a hard time about that switch. lol

10. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I drove back over and told them that something was wrong and they apologized for not telling me. Great bunch of guys, very helpful no matter the time of day or night. payup