1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No headlights on mvp w/new wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bartman144, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bartman144

bartman144 Junior Member

just wired 2008 Sierra w/hb3/h11 kit. headlights work on truck w/o plow. plug plow in and the lights don't activate on plow. 2 10amp fuses are good. any thoughts?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you have the commons mixed up on the headlight harness. This truck has quad lights so each original truck plug has only two wires and at the factory they don't worry about orientation. When you unplug the original wires from the headlights and plug them in you have to make sure you find the common wire (labelled as such) on the western harness and make sure it is oriented to connect to the common wire on the truck plug. You will find that the truck common is the same colour for both plugs on either side while the high & low wires are different. Just pull your headlights (I know this can be difficult depending on the year / model) and then plug the plow headlight calbe in to the truck. The plow doesn't have to be mounted, just close enough to plug that one cable in. Then try flipping the plugs behind the headlights one at a time until the corresponding plow headlight comes on. Do this for both sides, both hight and low beam. You will notice that the western plugs will allow the original truck plug to be inserted either way.

3. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Just went through this on my 2011,I figured every thing out per the instructions but accidently plugged the passenger side low beam in the wrong way,Had highs on the plow but no lows,reversed the plug and all was good!