1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No good deed goes unpunished

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MSS Mow, Feb 6, 2009.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I believe there was a thread not long ago debating whether or not to help out a stranger whos driveway hadn't been plowed. Here's why you shouldn't!!

Also further substantiates the reasons to carry while plowing.

2. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Wow. Not something you hear of very often.

Seems like most people wouldn't be very mad to have their driveway cleared for free.

But, true. Ya gotta be careful who you do a good deed for, and it's always good to carry, if legal, for obvious reasons.
  3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Boy that guy's as dumb as he looks. :dizzy:

Wounder If the plow guy had a coulpe ? :drinkup:
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Hard to believe that is even possible but yep.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Maine is for maniacs.
  6. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

The guy properly will get off if he gets a good lawyer. The plowman was tresspassing and could also be charged for tresspassing if he was not ask or invited on the property!
  7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL it was my post. Thats what Coke does to you. it makes paranoid about everything. LOL I plowed a second time too. But doesnt seem they moved car at all from first time
  8. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

plow driver might have owed him money. lucky they aren't dead
  9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not a chance. They weren't even trespassing on the shooters property. This guy is a whack job. There is no justification for discharging a firearm toward someone who is simply on the property.
  10. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

The guy was probably on drugs... which does not in anyway justify shooting a guy for helping your mom out! Sheesh
  11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd say there's A LOT more to that story. Probably more than is going to come out in court.

3:30AM - just "noticed" that the driveway hadn't been plowed?

Emptied two rifles (one with a scope) without hitting anything you're supposedly aiming at?

Wait 12 hours to report you've been shot at?
  12. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

The guy who plowed and reported the shooting 12 hours later wasn't the same one who did the shooting.

I'd bet alcohol and/or drugs were involved in some way on both parts.
  13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yep. The guy plowing was probably drunk as can be. Why ELSE would anyone wait 12 hours after someone just tried killing you.
  14. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Maybe they were crack buddies before and had a fall out and the plowman was try to get more freebies for plowing his driveway and that piss off the shooter.
  15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

OK so next time I plow a driveway for free I will fire off a couple of warning shots through the Living room window. Then plow driveway. FYI this story is out Maine somewhere up in the sticks. I live in MA where you dont need to be plowing a driveway to have someone shoot at you
  16. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Thats why you carry? Yeah, like I'm going to blow away some maniac firing at me while I'm plowing... yeah, that's a likely scenario.
  17. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah you probably would be better off just sitting there doing nothing, or maybe you could get out of the truck and stand in front of the headlights so he can hit you easier. :dizzy:
    I'd much rather shoot back than be a lame duck...... or a dead duck.....
  18. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I agree with that 110%!!!
  19. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol, he looks like a big dump oaf.. and scary if he was mad with a gun! This doesnt surprise me...
  20. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Yeah but they refer to Massachusetts people that visit Massholes