1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no fuel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by richard lepech, May 16, 2004.

1. richard lepech

richard lepech Junior Member

1989 1 ton 2 wheel dump. 350 throttle body. Went for a ride today turned corner and engine seemed to shut right off. Towed it home.Thought maybe gas guage went bad. Tapped gas tank with hammer to see if guage would move. Needle did not move still showed 1/4 tank of fuel. Put 5 gallons of gas in tank--- Primed carb many times ran only for a minute or so.Went and purchased and installed a new fuel pump.Primed carb and same thing no gas to carb. Tried a new fuel pump relay. Still no luck. Can anybody tell what to look for? thank you

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Check and see if there is a filter, also look for a kinked line,
    you could remove the fuel line at the carb and add a piece of hose run it into a bucket and turn over the motor to see if the gas makes it to the carb. if it does then check the seat in the carb.
    Good luck

3. richard lepech

I already tried that. I disconnected the gas line behind carb dont have any gas in the line. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump ?

4. towman

towman Member

there should be a fuse for the fuel pump, alsp ned to make sure you have power to the pump, also want to check the fuse for your ecm if that one blows it will also keep from running the pump

5. richard lepech

TOWMAN thank you for the help. thats what my problem was. thanks everybody