1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No fluid level plug on SEHP unit?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 5, 2009.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I went to change the fluid on my truck last night. Pulled the fill plug, pulled the drain plug, go to open up the site level plug... There isn't one???

[​IMG]

The Fisher mechanic's manual shows the plug on the DS of the housing towards the front. I don't see anything there, just the plug that is next to the ram (above the valve manifold block). Is this the site level plug and the diagram is not correct? According to another page in the manual, it says that plug is the "lift cylinder test port".

Next question/problem, if that is the site level plug, is it rounded out and I can't get it out with an allen key? Any tips to get it out? I'll also need to stop at the hardware store to get a replacement, if anyone has the thread/depth specs that would be awesome to save a trip.

Thanks
    Jeff

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Apparently I'm going to answer my own question. The mechanic's manual that is available on the Fisher site is for SEHP units on MM plows, which I don't have. I went back through my saved .pdf's and found the SEHP owners manual which doesn't show a site level plug, so that makes me feel better.

Now I don't need to worry about the plug I couldn't get out either. But since there is not site level plug, i need to know exactly how many quarts to add. It says 2 1/8 quart for 6" lift and 10" angle, or 2 1/4 quart for 10" and 12" angle, any way to know which I have? The fluid is drained from the reservoir so I can't measure the lift, and i'm not sure what to look at as far as the angle to see...

Thanks!

3. loudredram

loudredram Member

you have a 10 inch lift

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK thanks! BTW, how do you know? Are only the small 6-7' plows the 6" lift?

Jeff

5. loudredram

loudredram Member

on a 6 inch the piston sleave sits lower then the motor and is cast in the 10 inch is screwed in