1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No fisher vee for 04 f-250?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gwhunter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. gwhunter

gwhunter Junior Member

I'm thinking of adding a plow to the lineup. I was impressed with the fisher xtreme vee in stainless. I went to fishers site to view the models and apparently there's no vee for my truck. It's diesel and I really wanted the vee. So why isn't it an option?

Matt T.:(

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Too much weight on the front axle. With the vee and the diesel you'll be over on the front axle weight rating by the manufacures specs.

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

we run them on the chevy diesel crew cabs with no problem. Just tell the dealer you want one. Im sure he will hook you up.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Believe me Fisher would if they could, but it's prohibited under the FVMSSA 105 brake certification. Some dealers will disregard the restriction and install it anyway.

5. gwhunter

gwhunter Junior Member

Well, all the other manufactures have a vee for my truck but I know fishers a quality plow. I'm not against another brand but I wanted a vee or ss x blade or the xls. None of these are availible for my truck. I can buy the xls in the blizzard brand and there's no problems. So is fisher being overly conservative?

Matt T.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No, As I understand it Blizzard was small enough they were under compliance numbers, but now that they're under DD control.:D

Check the power match

http://www.blizzardplows.com/powermatch/vehinfo.asp

DDizzard doesn't even list the diesel.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

heck buy the plow you want. sell the mm2 plates for it to someone. then buy mm2 plates to fit your truck and get a add a leaf or 2 for the front end that should already be in your plow buying needs list anyway. then bolt and go. make sure all the brakes are up to stuff and dont drive it like you stole it.

thats my opinion on it correct or not he gets what he wants. people prob do it all the time anyways.

8. gwhunter

gwhunter Junior Member

WTF, that's the same configurator as the fisher sight. Are the owned by the same parent company?

Matt T.:(

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:nod: :nod:.. Western as well. ;)

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fisher Yellow, Western Red, DDizzard White, only the paint changes.

11. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

There are TONS of people running the Xtreme V on their F250 diesels... myself included. Its' simply just CYA for Fisher. My 8' 6" barely squats the front end of the truck. I did run into the same issues though, and no one wanted to install it. So I ended up buying it from the dealer and installing it myself.

12. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

GW Hunter, If you're near Boston/North Shore, just buy the plow and I'll install the electrical if you do the mount, so I don't have that liability. :angel:

13. gwhunter

gwhunter Junior Member

Blue thanks for the offer but I'm a master electrician so no worries on the wiring. I installed a 8'6" hd mm2 on the F-250 at work and the install was pretty easy. But I know plowing is tough on equipment and I don't want to ruin my truck either.

Matt T.

14. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Sure hope that was a Joke......

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nono: Every year more and more the same. expect DD electrics hydraulics and controls, sooner rather then later.

JMO

16. PLOW_GUY

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

If you bing your truck to Lang's Corner Garage we will weigh your truck to see if the truck will handle it ok. we run your weights through a spread sheet that will make calcultios to simulate the plow on your tuck and then we can tell you if it will work without over loading your truck or braking any laws. Yes i do work there. just thought i'd through that out there if you really wanted it and want to keep your truck safe. and to know your within specs:salute:
    scott