1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Drop and Overload on E60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tilelayher, Feb 4, 2009.

1. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

I was out plowing all night, just got in. I left with the condotion of the overload light coming on everytime i would lower the blade then i had to toggle the power off then on on the pad to use the plow. Everytime i lowered the plow i had to do this, then i would lower the blade to float it and i couldnt float it the whole time i was plowing the chain was tight. So i figured i needed a new A valve and coil i replaced both now i dont have the red light now, the blade drops really slow and only when i hold the lower button till the float light comes on some say to adjust the drop screw but i dont know what screw that is.

Any help would be nice
    Thanks Derrick S

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

3. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

yea i have that

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It wont drop UNTIL it goes into float?

5. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

yes, and its like a turtle you gotta hold it till the green light comes on and then it starts to lower itself very slowly, i tried the drop adjust did nothing and then for a minute it started to work about 20 minutes ago then it stopped working, i have a guy who wants 75 an hour to fix it but im trying to make money plowing not spend it.

So im stumped, i open the valve above the drop adjust and then the blade will slam to the ground. But, when I close it, it doesn't work.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have more than one problem but as far as the slow drop I can tell you your new A valve is defective. And if it's an aftermarket one...it's not at ALL uncommon. Aftermarket Meyer replacement parts = Garbage.

The fact that it won't drop at all until it goes into float sounds like a problem with the touch pad...

7. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

well this morning it was overload light on pretty much everything then i replaced the A valve with an "OEM" valve i hate aftermarket crap and i think something is wrong with the A, the new A made the green light come back on, this plow is in mint condition and has been nothing but a headache. I can't get the nut off the A valve its like stripped on their of something i also replaced the A coil, i may just take it the the lawn mower shop and let him have his way with it.

my friends run the same setup so i can get a controler from them and test it but i think the controllers fine, how can a little controller go bad?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Anything electronic can go bad on a moments notice. If you look around here you'll see the Meyer TP's don't have a good record of being reliable. :rolleyes:

And a bad A coil CAN damage a TP.

9. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

i have learned in the past 2 weeks anything meyer is unreliable

BB where in pa are you?

10. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

If the nut on the A coil is stripped, won't tighten or come off, maybe the A coil isn't getting a good ground causing some of your problems.

11. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

the pumps at the shop now, its a brand new a coil so ill be calling meyer to yell at them i know how to put a nut onto a threaded shaft i have been working on cars since i was 15 and i didnt over torque it either.