1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no driver side heat

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 04ram2500hd, Feb 5, 2011.

1. 04ram2500hd

04ram2500hd Junior Member
    from ny

hi every one i need a little help i have a 04 ram 2500 slt and the driver side vents just blow cold air but the passenger side is fine has this happen to any one before if so is it a easy fix?
  2. harryhood

harryhood Junior Member
    from ct

no idea myself on this, but I usually am able to find helpful information on ramchargercentral.com.
  3. 48archer

48archer Junior Member
    from Ohio

Might be a blend door is broken and its not a easy fix. Steering column has to be dropped and the whole dash has to be rolled back to get to the hvac system. My 03 had two broken blend doors when it was fixed and it wasnt cheap. 3rd generation Dodges are notorious for blend door problems.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely a blend door. Go to dodgetalk.com and do a search. Apparently the older trucks - 2003-2005 are easier to replace than the 06-08's and don't require the dashboard to be removed.
  5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Could also be a plugged heater core. Check the coolant lines to the heater core first, make sure they are the are both hot at operating temp. If they are, then likely blend door. If one is cold, the heater core has some blockage.
    If blend door, go here: www.heatertreater.net. Did my blend door and mode door 1 in 3 hours and you don't have to pull the entire dash and steering column, etc. Great customer support too, even youtube videos.
  6. 04ram2500hd

04ram2500hd Junior Member
    from ny

thank you every one for your help i lucked out all it was is the heater core was pluged thank god i have heat again