1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no down pressure

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Mar 9, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

I just got a snow way 25 series plow that the down pressure doesnt work on it. it is about 5 years old in great condition except fot the down pressure. when i flip the switch if i move the plow down more it goes up. is it suppose to do this? the guy that deals with them saud that it's a stuck valve. sound right? also want to know if there is any way to keep the lexan from breaking? and is there a reason that i see more sno-way's with the lexan and not the steel? i would think that the steel would hold up better and it only weighs 15-20lbs more.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It is probably a dirty or sticking valve.One of our snoways started doing the same thing last storm.It may be time to change the fluid,and clean the filter and valves.

You might also want to check for broken wires.I have started to see a lot of broken wires in the plow side harnesses lately on the snoways.

You can replace the moldboard with steel,or get a sheet or thicker lexan from Home Depot and cut it yourself.The thicker stuff lasts a lot longer,just costs more $$$.You will need a long straightedge and a sharp utility knife to cut it.Just keep scoring through the lexan,and then snap it off.

3. MotoMan

MotoMan Junior Member
    from OH

That's what my friend used to tell me when his didn't work. He told me that if he weren't so lazy, he would have serviced his plows before each season and it would have worked fine. lol.