1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no down pressure

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jpickett, Dec 13, 2008.

1. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

I have an older 25 series plow. I am experiencing a problem with the down pressure. The plow lifts, angles, and lowers just as it should. When I engage the down pressure I just hear a click on the hydro pack. The plow doesnt move at all. The motor will not spin either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What is the serial number? Is there a blue wire in the control harness? Did the Dp use to work?

3. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

Basher
    I just picked up the plow yesterday. It was said to be working flawlessly when they parked it four years ago. The pump was empty of fluid due to one of the lift cylinder hoses being loose at the pump. So if the d/p worked all I have as far as knowledge on that is they said it was.
    The s/n is 25d103730 and yes there is a blue with on the plug harnes on the plow.

Diff question. This plow used a joystick control. I didnt get any of the wires or control with this plow. I need to locate a wire harnes and a control. Would using my rocker switch box make the d/p not work.

Thanks in advance
    Joshua

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check to see if you have power to the dp switch.

Here is the parts manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204j.pdf

The owner's manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100200E.pdf

the Fenner Repair manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

My technical references page
    http://www.basherandson.com/techref.html

5. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

If your talking about the d/p switch on the control box it was on, along with the dp indicator light. Thanks for the links.

jp

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No the Dp switch on the pump. The manuals will identify it for you

7. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

I looked all over that pump and cannot find any said switch. But I decided to test continuty on the wires from the plug to the pump area. I found that the yellow wire was cut at the plug. Looks as if the crimp was so tight that it actually cut the wire in two. A little time soldering and reassembling the plug...the d/p works fine now. Now all I have to do is get a new hydro hose, and locate the truck harness as well as the controls and I will be in business with my 2nd plow. Thanks

jp

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So I was right no power to the down pressure switch, The yellow wire goes to the DP switch, part number 14 on page four of the manual. Did you bother to even look at the manual? it would have idenitfied the switch for you.

9. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

I guess so. I was looking for a toggle style switch that could turn it off. I am sorry. I never thought about a pressure switch. By any chance do you have a wiring harnes and controls for this plow?

Thanks

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure, I have the harness and controls, headlights also? if so what truck? What control, joystick or switch box?

Go to my website the phone number is there, call Kim between 8:30-3 EST M-F and she can things for you.

11. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

Great. When I get a little more liquid funds I will be giving Kim a call.

Hey I have been looking for the wiring schematics for the light bar s/n alc103390 and havent been able to find it. Do you have a link to it? I have custom lights on my 98 f150 and cannot use the snoway wiring harnes. So I am gonna have to make my own and rig it up with relays and a two position toggle.

I do not have a truck for this plow yet. But I would rather have the switch box for the controls. Thanks

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wiring is truck related. you can look at the instructions for the 99100196, 99100197 or99100529 but they're not very helpful, no schematic just the relay wiring instruction. Basically they're a simple switched system using a relay triggered by the parking light/ground in the passenger light.

Why can not you use the snoway harness?

http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100339a.pdf

13. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

Thanks for the numbers. I cannot use the Snoway harnes due to my new headlights. I dont have single bulb setup like the trucks come with stock. I upgraded it to a four bulb system. I have regular low beam bulbs but in addition to that I have projectors for the high beams. The low and high beams fire at the same time when the high beams are activated. This is already done through additional relay setup. With all that going on I cannot get the factory wires to work. Either the highs or the lows would work. I am planning on using a switch to toggle between high and lows. I know that I am gonna have to use a relay for each of those functions, but do you think I need to use a relay for the turn and parking lights? Or would it be ok to just tap into the factory wires and hook up the plow turn/parking lights?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You should be fine with just splicing in to the turn/parking circuits