1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Controller Power

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by J.R. Services, Jan 12, 2010.

1. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

I have a 7.5' western ultramount with a 4 port isolation module 3 plug. I dont have any power coming into the controller. Lights work, tried new module, plow light harness. Still nothing. All the fuses are good. I know it says to hook up to the accessory post but I just hooked it up to a hot 12v wire. Is there something special about the accessory post or is my one harness bad? Thanks for all the help

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is the plow hooked up to the truck?

3. J.R. Services

Yes, the plow was hooked up. I'm thinking about resoldering that connection then stripping a part of that wire where is goes back into the harness and testing it there.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the wires at the solenoid?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Have you had this working at all since you installed it? Have you run any of the tests?

6. J.R. Services

No, I havent had it working since installing it. I assume your mean solenoid test?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

well, there's solenoid, control harness, and controller test. All should be done to narrow down the cause. I'm thinking this is a ground issue where you've already replaced the ISO, but like I said, it's best to run through these test to narrow the issue down rather then jumping all over the place.

8. LON

LON Senior Member

have you tried the 2 - 7 jump in the truck side headlight harness? This is the ground fault that makes the module think the headlights are plugged in. Did this last week when a guy brought his truck in w/o the plow. It proved he had power to the controller. He had installed his own plow side harnesses and didn't attach the solenoid ground to the ground lug on the motor.

9. J.R. Services

Just jumped solenoid and everything worked! New solenoid. Are solenoids semi universal, my closer dealer is an hour away but i have a boss meyer and snowdogg all within 10 minutes. Thanks for the help

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

yup, I believe they are. But you can get a new Fisher one at your local Napa.

11. J.R. Services

Fishers pretty much same as western right? What should i ask for? Mine has 2 large post and 2 small ones

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

That's awesome. I get really psyched when guys can prevail through all the BS & fix it on there own. Yeah, I know, I'm ******** like that.

smiles_4.gif

smiles_4.gif

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, there the same. They have a few different styles, but any would work. 5794k-1 is the one I use. There like $13

14. twinman326

I know it is amazing....I say solenoid, and you fill in the blanks....

Here you go Repo,have a beer on me....:drinkup:

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hey, your right, you did say that didn't you. I'll buy you one then :drinkup: ....after I smack that damn aviator of yours. :D When that thing came out on MS Office I would swear at it every time. I'd be typing away and then look up to find nothing had been put on the screen and that damn thing would be just smiling back at me.

I should also mention though, I meant that he took the time to do it him self and didn't just go running to a dealer when he saw all the BS D&D puts into there stuff.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  16. twinman326

True, he did take his time.. The other thread you and I are on regarding the "controller", he still want to play with the s2 valve.. If i am right, the s2 has nothing to do with his problem?
    (just in case you forgot) http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=96977

Hey thanks for the beer.....

As for the aviator, I would like to put my own up there. Still haven't figure it out to do it....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  17. bigpapawack

bigpapawack Junior Member

i am having the same problem with my minute mount. got no power to the controller. i put as brand new soleniod in it because it has no power at the plug in the grill that connects to the plow, the battery one with the big + and -. should there be power on the positive side all the time becasue i dont have power there and no power to the fuse tap?

18. twinman326

check all wiring for corrosion. The battery cable ( + - )that comes the battery should have power all the time..

Minute mount????

What kind of plow??

19. bigpapawack

Its a fisher minute mount 1. I am goiung to put a new ground to the soleniod in the morning and see if that helps

20. bigpapawack

i just went out with a spotlight and crossed the 2 possitive leads on the battery together and the plow moved real quick, but there is no power the the joytick still. i regrounded the soliniod right to the battery and still nothing. lights all worked. there is just no power there. i asume the lights get power from the truck headlight feed?