1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No-Can-Do W/Pix now Link 2 Wrecked Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lawn Care Plus, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

Well all, for some reason even though the pix are below the size limit, I just cannot get them on the site, so I am giving a link to another forum that I posted them onto.

Here it is if you are curious.

Tim

The link will not come through as it is a competitor to plow site. So they are on lets talk snow dot com.
    showthread.php?t=19139

Whats going on here Sean????????

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Link not working

3. Lawn Care Plus

OK I have it now. The file sizes were fine but the overall sizes were not fitting. Here we go.

Tim

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

it has to be under 100K in size
    Looks like it's working

Dan

DSCF1798.JPG

5. Lawn Care Plus

Ok, I had the file sizes right but the parameters were still too large. Here they come in any case.

Tim

GMCWreckedSideFull1a.jpg

GMCSWreckedExhaust1a.jpg

GMCSwreckedSide1a.jpg

GMCWreckedFender1a.jpg

GMCWreckedFull1a.jpg

6. Lawn Care Plus

Here are More pix.

GMCWreckedMirror1a.jpg

GMCWreckedRearHalf1a.jpg

GMCWreckedRearHalf2a.jpg

GMCWreckedShock1a.jpg

GMCWreckedSideHalf1a.jpg

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

what happined??

8. Lawn Care Plus

I think these are the last of the photos I have taken.

GMCWreckedSpring1a.jpg

GMCWreckedSpring3a.jpg

GMCWreckedWheel1a.jpg

GMCWreckedWheel2a.jpg

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah we got to hear the story

10. Lawn Care Plus

Here is the story.

WEll................... Here in sue me WV, they put telephone poles right on the road and build roads around trees, literally.

And I, being stupid, reached down to adjust the heat, or whatever, I forget exactly, and drifted off of the road by a tire width and put the passenger mirror right through the window, past my face and into the dash and windshield on my side.

Then the outside rear tire snagged the pole by an inch or two, ripped the axle off of the springs, and spun me around.

Needless to say, I was so mad at myself I could spit nails.

Tim

11. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

That is one messsed up truck

do you have another truck?

12. Lawn Care Plus

Nope......and needless to say, I had to call all of my snow contracts and give them up. Between this and my largest new account stiffing me for $11k and $5k, and my final grade customer giving me ZERO installs, I have Big losses this year.

Tim

13. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

WOW! at least your alright. GM dually beds are the worst designed IMO. I see more like yours than in perfect shape. Three of our guys drive chevy's and they have all replaced there sides at least once. It seems you can look at one too hard and make it crack! There not cheap either. I guess thats whats insurance is for.

14. big bird

big bird Senior Member

this has to suck:cry:

15. Lawn Care Plus

If the sides of the bed were all metal, and attached it would have ripped the whole thing off, or bent or twisted the frame.

So while I see a lot of what you are saying, as all it takes is something to get caught on a tire and go through the fiberglass, in this case, I am glass it was fiberglass. I think it saved my frame.

That and the fact that I did not catch the pole squarely. I just snagged it an inch or so, just enough to do a lot of damage.

Tim

16. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

All dually flares are fiberglass nowadays, but on the Dodge and Fords they bolt to the metal bedside. That way it only costs $700 for a new Ford one painted (don't ask why I know), and not $2500~ for a whole bedside.

17. Lawn Care Plus

$2500???!!!!!????? Well A Stake Body it is!!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHH I miss my truck:cry: It has me spoiled.:nod:

Tim

18. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I am pretty sure it is in the ballpark of $2500. I can ask one of my guys.

19. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I just talked to him and he said it ran about $1400 because he put it on himself. So it's not quite as bad.

20. Lawn Care Plus

$1400 is plenty. The body shop said 1200-1400. I was looking on line at $550-600 but it may have been the wrong part.

Tim