1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No brake lights or turn signals????

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GMC99, Jan 9, 2010.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Ok so I was out plowing yesterday, and my main 20 amp fuse for my parking lamps blew... This is after weeks of trying to figure out why my turn signals have been acting up.. I ended up finding an old trailer plug harness that someone had installed and at some point cut the 4 flat plug off and did not tape up or protect the ends of the wire, the shorted and blew the fuse... So I got that taken care of, I have tail lights and parking lights, but my brake lights and turn signals do not work at all. The turn signal indicators do not light up on my dash either...

Things I have checked and replaced:

Checked all fuses (There is no brake lights, or turn signal fuse in either of the boxes)

Replaced turn signal switch in the column

Checked all bulbs

Checked what wires I could get to for more shorts

Replaced turn signal flasher

Any other ideas or thoughts??

The truck is a 1999 dodge ram 2500 V-10
  2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

There are only a couple things that both turn signals share.
    turn signal flasher-Replace
    Multifunction switch-Replace
    Fuse D in the PDC
    Fuse 10 in the Junction Block in side the vehicle
    and instrument cluster.
    If both fuses are good under the hood and inside the vehicle I would unhook the battery and see if it is in the instrument cluster by leaving it unhooked for 30 min and reattch the battery cables. If you had problems with the trailer plug it would sound to me like you blew a fuse. The turn signals and brake lights are on the same circuit and share ports in the trailer plug.
    hope this helps