1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no blizzard western or snowex plow parts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fireside, Sep 23, 2015.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

boy at this point my mind is blown. We are coming to oct 1 and still no install parts in stock at an CT dealers!!!! I have a 2015 chevy 2500 i'm looking for the undercarriage, iso module and head light wiring nothing. if I drove the state I could get all the parts maybe minus the frame NO one has that. It's not for trying I started looking back in july when I bought the truck!!! The dealers are all saying the same thing that pre season orders are still not in!!! I went and looked at a new fisher but they have no blades to go with the other stuff maybe next week. could someone explain what the F#### is going on!! I guess it off to look at a boss they have parts!!

I guess it's a sign of thing's to come great JOB by some high paid person.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

And have you tried contacting d.d. corporate about this?

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I use ABC hydraulics for blizzard plows and have heard some of the same things from them.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Try plow parts direct, or CPW. But you will have freight.

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

"Drive the state"...... What a waste of 35 minutes and a gallon of gas! prsport

6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

He completely blown me off since July. He's to busy even go check what he has!! I order bushing in December from him and still as of 9 am today no parts!!!

7. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Its bigger than it looks :laughing:

8. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

fireside, you have to keep your cool! <----- See what I did there :jester:

In all seriousness, what your dealer is telling you is true. Our preseason order came in this week and I am still waiting on the straight blade moldboards to complete the order. I was lucky enough to have a sales rep that forewarned me that product would ship later than usual. I really did not expect my plows for another 3 weeks. Here is why.

The SnowEx brand of plows was released the beginning of March (7 months ago). They gave Blizzard dealers the opportunity to place balancing orders so that there were the same number of power packs as blades. In the meantime, the sales teams had to meet with all of us dealers and educate us about the new product and collect our preseason orders which were due the beginning of June (4 months ago). It wasn't until the beginning of July (3 months ago) before the new SnowEx stuff was actually coming off the line. But they don't build orders all at once. They make all the same of something for a few days or a week and then build something else. So it takes a while before a complete order is ready to ship. Also, you have to ship orders out at regular intervals to keep enough space to store everything. DD is working hard and producing a lot of plows. I am sure you will have your stuff before the snow flies.

Also, did you know that the 69982 Blizzard mount will work for the SnowEx 69981 and vise-versa?

9. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Yes I have heard the same story from all the dealers. It killing there business! That doesn't make it right. The high paid big wigs need to understand perform or step aside. Boss sales are thur the roof here! They have parts and plows. I have tried western dealers Also the frame and wiring are all the same.
    In this day of no brand loyalty they need to get it fixed and fixed now. I don't think the share holders will like a reduced divided at the end of the year would they??

10. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Doesn't make it right. The snow ex would be understandable, the rest should be fine. Should have had a better plan. This goes right to the top.

11. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Will I found my plow frame ordered it the other day and it came Saturday morning $68 cheaper with shipping than buying it here! The wiring should be here also any day. I have always believed in supporting local but as time goes on I keep being forced to buy online what a shame. Big business just keeps destroying the little guy.

12. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I used to be just like you, support the local dealers! I gave up several years ago, and now have online support for all equiptment, and usually receive items 3 days or less. What a stress free way to do business. Also, my local dealers began adding shipping charges to my items, higher than online. What a rip!

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

When you break down in a storm will the online guys be able to fix it right away
    Guess I'm still stupid and spend a bit more to have local support espically when it's 3 am and snowing

14. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

I hear you pony. Exact reason when I have a failure at 3 am the truck pulls into my shop. And I pull nessasary part off my shelf that I stock.

My moto: trust no one to do their job well.

15. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yes I have spare plows, salters
    If I was solo I would stock parts or if I were bigger I would have an I house mechanic I'm stuck in middle so I use my local mechanic personal friend also but I see both points of view
    If it's a major repair we grab a spare if it's minor they run to mechanic I can't stop to go fix my others guys stuff so there has middle ground and we all need to make money so him being at shop at 3 am is worth something to me I'm fine with that