1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no blinkers/ hazard lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ff11979, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

Recently my turn signals and hazard lights stopped working on me. i changed a fuse once to get the working again, but now the fix is not so easy. the truck is an 84 1/2 ton 4WD Chevrolet. I changed both flasher units and checked all the fuses and wires, but no luck. Anybody have any ideas on this one. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

signals/flasers =shorted sysem

Hi might want to check the wiringing runing down the driverside frame rail,Possibly the wires fell or drooped down on the exhast pipe/cat-converted =melted wired equals a short and will cause a new flasher unit to only blink 3 or4times and quit.Check all taillite wire from the cad rearward for melted or obvious corrousion.good luck.

3. drplow

drplow Senior Member

check all the ground wires in your system. being an older truck, a little rust or corrosion can cause many headaches.

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I'm with the doc on this one! Check the ground! Okay, so how much snow do you get in Alabama?

5. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

snow? yea right.

6. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

Thanks for the advice. Will check the wiring tomarrow.

7. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

FF....you wouldn't happen to have a add on trailer wiring
    harness would ya? If so check that out also........geo