1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Battery Power

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by FisheRam, Jan 26, 2012.

1. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

Last night I went to start up the truck, and there was no battery power. There was nothing at all. I knew the battery couldn't be dead it's practically brand new! So i gave it a few more tries turning the key. Nothing. I took the key out and tried again, nothing. After a couple more minutes bam it starts right up no problem. This morning in the light I checked the connections and they arent even the slightest bit loose! Any ideas as to what could have caused this? :dizzy:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Starter going?

3. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

There wasnt power to anything. Not even the radio.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If it's your 2012 ,drive it back to the dealer.

5. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

haha yeah. That sounds like it's in my best interest at this point...

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's not a bad idea really. Whatever it is its more than likely covered under warranty. Just makes sure they give you a plow truck as a loaner.

7. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

I wasn't trying being sarcastic, I really am going to bring it up to the dealer. It hasn't happened again since, so I'm just going to hold off until I need that first oil change. I have a bunch of free ones from chrysler so I can just get both overwith at once bringing the truck in. Have you ever had any issues getting a plow loaner from the dealer? I have never been in this situation before, but after thinking about it I would be screwed if it stormed while my truck was there....

8. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

I also hope they don't try and give me a hard time since the electronics were obviously tampered with during plow installation. I had a bad experience with my last vehicle and another dealer over warranty stuff, and it has still left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where I see them as being against me

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

well my only experience in getting a loaner plow truck, it kind of depends on how much business you do with the dealer. if you go there regularly for your fluid maintenance as well as repairs they are more likely to help you out. it also helps when you buy a bunch of vehicles from the same dealer. I know a couple guys that have done this and their dealers have helped them out. personally, I have the same feelings you do about the dealers, they're out to get you. our dodge dealers around here arent the greatest, but we do have one that is pretty good as far as customer service goes. the other three I wont even drive through their lots when I need a new vehicle.