1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No backup lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by uniquechev, Nov 13, 2009.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

so i have a 1985 f359 rackbody dump as my first dump for my company and i went for a sticker in mass the other day and it failed for no back up lights so i figured it was the bulbs but i'm not getting any power to the back up lights at all .... any one know how to fix this or what i should be looking for ?
  2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

check the fuses, if nothing their, check your reverse neutral switch.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Start spraying the shifter linkage with penetrating oil. So you can get the linkage adjuster loose. You may have to replace the neutral park switch. Your going to have to check all the wiring. See if your getting power to the switch and out of it and just trace it to the back. A lot of times it's the junction plugs in the harness have crude in them of corroded.
  4. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

if you not getting power it might just be a ground problem that happened to one of our trucks