1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SteveR, Dec 6, 2007.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I am looking at a used truck with a diamond plow. The plow goes up and down fine but no left or right. I coonected the hoses together and plow is fine easily moves. Push the button in the truck the selonoid clickd so I guedd it is between there and the pump. My question is does this sound like an expensive fix or am I safe to buy the truck

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of pump is on it Steve? An under hood set up, or an out front style pump like an E60H?

3. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

It the out front I dont think the 60 series because it has the tubular frame. The truck is a 95.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's an out front pump then it's probably and E47-57 or a 60 but which ever one it is, it should'nt take too much to fix it and it wouldn't stop me from buying the truck.

5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

the only good thing about meyers plow are that when they do break they are super auper easy to figure out what broke. go to a local suppiler and get the manual flip to the back of the book for trouble shooting. there real simple to figure out whats wrong. i have one one my half ton chevy but for me there are just to unreliable. as far as you problem goes have a buddy sit in the truck and hit left for a couple seconds then right for a few seconds. hold a screw driver over the 3 coil packs see if they hold the screw drive there like a magnet when your buddy hits left or right, if it does then its a coil pack or low/bad fluid. if no hold then its a break in the wiring going to the pump. good luck