1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Oak, Jan 29, 2005.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

Have a meyers 7'6" e47 and plow wont angle and flops back and forth. What valve to look at first?? Checked both couplers seem ok.

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Unbolt both of the angle cyl and see if the plow will angle by hand.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

My Fisher will start to do erratic movements and then gets to the point where it just won't do what the handheld is trying to tell it to do. Solution: went to dealer and they swapped out the circuit board in the controller, now it works fine.

4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

No need to go that far, hooking the hoses up between the two angle cylinders (bypassing the pump) and trying to move it by hand will tell you if its in the cylinders or in the pump. Will be much faster than unbolting the angle cylinders.

Kevin

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

he said
    so to me it sounds as thought it just swings from left to right as you drive. Maybe the selenoids to dumb to tank are screwed up??

Does it lift and lower ok??

6. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Yes I know that, But I suspect the couplers are bad , and if thats the case hooking the hose to cylinders may not be a valid test...Rob

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Both couplers can die at the same time. I have had it happen a few times now. Down load the manual and try the chart to figure it out first.
    Remember: When you hear hoof beats think Horses not Zebras.
    Most times it's simple not an unusual problem.

9. White Oak

White Oak Member

Today it warmed up alittle to about 30 F and plow is working fine now. When it was not working it was very cold 10 F and I could get it to work after toggling while pushing it from side to side. Could air or water in fluid cause this??

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Twice so far this winter (once was within minutes of getting a carwash) My plow did not want to angle. (Had pressure, could hear pump, but no movement) I put brand new ridgid couplers and hoses and angle cylinders on it over the summer, so everything in that department is new. Both times I resolved the problem by dropping the blade, driving a foot or two. Best I can determine is the little vibration caused whatever was hanging up to free, and the angle started working again. This worked both times, and both times it was VERY cold out. (between 0 and 15 F). Just thought I would share my experience with you, in case the same trick might work for you too.

Kevin

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Do you have ATF in the system? It gets thick with really cold temps.You might have some water in the system that is freezing up and causing the No-Angle problem. The water can be pulled into the ram and lift cylinders through pits in the chrome rams or slight defects in the seals. I have seen it on a brand new Meyer's plow, He pulled it into the heated garage and in an hour it worked again. It was -10 out too.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  12. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

had meyers new yellow fluid freeze up this winter on 2 meyers pumps just changed over this fall. went back to using amsoil synthetic atf fluid every thing works now will continue using it been using it for 10 years now with no promblems change fluid every year

13. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member