1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by crete5245, Nov 21, 2013.

1. crete5245

crete5245 Member

The short of it, fixed a no hold on the up stroke, put it on my test bench and have no angle.
    Took out B vavle and check ball was on wrong side of spring. Switched it and put it back, changed B and C valve seals. Tried again, and no dice still will not angle. Will go up and down no problem. Pump will run and not load up when angle switch is pushed. Also took off couplers and oil will shoot out of the ports where the couplers go, but when put back together, still no angle.......

Meyers book says to install new power angle block... Is there something I am missing.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

is it a slick stick control?...is there power to the valves?

3. crete5245

crete5245 Member

There is power going to the B coil and working because it raises, there is power going to A coil and working because it lowers. The C coil does get magnetism and I can here it click when I apply power.

It is a slick stick, but it is on a test bench that we have made. I tested other pumps last night that the stick worked on with no problem.

Will not look at it again until Saturday.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What does it try to do when you request left or right? Sounds like B valve is stuck shifted.

5. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Nothing happens.... The motor just runs. And thanks for the info last time I had a problem. It worked perfect after resesting that check ball in the block.

6. kimber750

Do hoses seem to have pressure in them? If yes it may be a coupler issue.

7. crete5245

crete5245 Member

No pressure build up in hoses. They do not flex or anything. Usually when the hose or coupler are bad, it is hard to get coupler apart.. Not here can take apart easily..

You said earlier about B valve being stuck one way.... Wouldn't that cause it to raise the plow?

8. kimber750

Yes it would raise instead if B valve stuck. You are down to O-rings on C valve, pilot piston or cross over. If none of this corrects it the PA block is damaged. What are you are using as a test stand to bench test the pump?

9. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Already installed new o rings on C valve and B valve

We made one out of a old hoop.. installed some cylinders bought a pressure gage to hook up to hoses to get pressures... use a slick stick for the controller.

I will take some pics and try and post..

10. crete5245

crete5245 Member

I have check the pilot piston and it moves freely and is not scored.

I will check the cross over tomorrow, I am going over to my friends shop where are stand is and work on that pump and have another one to change base on one that is broke, and I will take some pics and try and post tomorrow night when I get home..

Thanks for all the help..

11. kimber750

Do you have another C valve to try? Sometime C can get stuck in between its two positions. This is rare and I have only seen it happen once. Was this pump in use before you repaired it or is it a back up unit? Sounds like fluid is taking the path of least resistance. Bad cross over will let the fluid go right back to the pump without moving the ram. Pilot piston would have to be in really bad shape or missing to see no movement at all.

12. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Yes have several C valves, I will try that tomorrow and also take apart the cross over valve tomorrow also..

Not sure on the pump deal. It was brought to my buddy with the complaint that it will not hold up. Found the seal at the bottom of the ram missing, B valve check ball on wrong side of the spring. Wondering if someone has been inside and I was not told... I will let you know what I find tomorrow.

thanks

13. kimber750

I would pull the cross over first. Sounds like someone tried to work on the pump before. If the couldn't get the check ball in the right way, there is no way they got the crossover right.

14. crete5245

crete5245 Member

I will start there first and check that out. I will get back with you tomorrow night.

15. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

My bet, they didn't get all of the O-rings in the crossover, or they got the first step washer in backwards, holding it open enough to bypass, or the bolt isn't threaded in and pressure isn't adjusted to 3800PSI on crossover.

IF it's a the newer style style block with single crossover relief that is

If valves are old style, they can be taken apart with a tiny flathead and tiny pick to get the snap-ring out, then a bunch of gentle prying and pulling. Pull the base and armature out of the armature housing, separate all of the main parts of the valve, clean, put back together once armature slides into base housing well, and see if you're good to go there.

Just finished my 350th meyer rebuild on Friday. In my experience, I only see the B valve fail from moisture, or rust resulting in breaking the stud off. The C valve gets moisture, stud breaks off, or it swells. If the coil is hard to put on/take off, good chance that it is swollen, and that the armature is ****-eyed in the housing, causing it to bind up in a half-open position, allowing bypass.

But, I'd still say crossover relief is best bet.

16. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Kimber and Jeep, you both hit it on the head..

The crossover valve.

Not the seals,......just half of the parts were missing, like the plate that the needle pushes on, the spacer and the top plate that the screw pushes on... so made him buy a whole new crossover valve..

Will try and get pics up her later Kimber.....

17. kimber750

Thumbs Up .......