1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No air

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, May 21, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I am having a problem getting my vents to work on my 04 sierra. It has the digital climate controller. I have no problem getting the ac or heat to come out of the foot setting. I can not get air or heat to come out of the defroster, or the upper vents. It shows on my controller that I am on defrost but it comes out of the foot vents. Or when I am on the upper vents it still comes out of the foot vents. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would look at the repair manual and see how stuff is switched. The computer may be in control but vacuum motors etc do the real work. Make sure no vacuum lines are off under the hood and the dash. The book may tell you how the controls work too. Some may be mechanical and some electronic. A bigger Library will have the professional repair manuals. They have more detailed information on systems and repairs the average back yard mechanic will never see.Most have the books, you just need to have then brought to you out of the basement etc.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Alright thanks for the info. Do you know of a good site where I can look at manuals the pros use?

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's a great site Hamelfire. I forgot My State had it just a few clicks away. Libraries are still a great resource for information.