1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No air coming out of vents

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by herb1001, Jan 7, 2011.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I need to share this with everyone because I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and wanted to hear everyone thoughts.

While on the way to start plowing during the xmas blizzard I noticed that there was less and less air coming out of the vents. Finally when we got to the site i had nothing coming out.....the fan is still on and you could hear it blowing but nothing not even out of the defroster vents is coming out. Everyone I showed and called that night could not figure out what the hell was going on. About 2am I had to call it quits....with no heat and defrosters in the truck there was so much ice built up inside and outside the windows and with 2 feet of snow on the ground it just wasnt safe anymore. Took it home and waited till the sun came up and it stopped snowing and plowed the rest of the day....still no air blowing out of anywhere. About 6pm it was starting to get cold and dark again and I knew I had to get this fixed because everything was going to freeze and fog up again. So we pulled the truck into my friends shop and opened the hood and saw that the a/c compressor was frozen solid and not letting any air pull through. We believe that something was wrong with the A/C and it wasnt shutting off. We pulled the magnet off the a/c barring so the a/c couldnt turn on and 30min in the garage and 2 jet heaters later we started to get air coming out of the vents.

Anyone ever hear of this happening? Let me know your thoughts.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Another mystery Ford problem. Your air door may of become froze somehow. Maybe an ice dam blocked the air intake and you melted it. That's an area in repair manuals they are kinda vague on how it works and repairs.
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

your a/c compressor runs when you are in defrost postion, ill be a switch went bad. your evaporator probably froze solid and blocked all air coming from the fan.