1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no 4x4 in 88 ram charger

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by murphy4trees, Dec 19, 2008.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

I had both differentials replaced with ones from a '91? 1500 pick-up ... Junk yard says they are the same and that's enough for me... Well I had the work done at this shop in southwest philly cause they work cheap...they swapped the diffs and replaced the exhaust manifold gasket(s) for the 318 motor and did a tune up and some other minor stuff for lass than $650 as I recall... I made the mistake of not checking to see the 4x4 worked when I picked up the truck... it DOESN'T... funny thing is that the dash light showing that the 4x4 is engaged comes on only in 2 hi...

I haven;t gotten under the truck yet, and I AM thinking... what could they have done to screw that up? Gotta get on this tomorrow..

Any thoughts???

RODHALL Senior Member

3. MIwinter

MIwinter Member