1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No 2014 HD Extended Cab?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 2006Sierra1500, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I was messing around in the build your own as I do when I'm bored. I was shocked not to see an option for extended cab in the 2014 2500HD and 3500HD. What the hell?

2. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

They Re-Named it the Double Cab, cause it now has a regular swing (not reverse as before) mini door (vs crew cab) and there is a solid post between the front & rear door, GM say easier access ... and now with outside handles, and opens without the front door needing to be opened

now you know ...

sound OK to me - we'll see (?)

I got a 2014 Brochure in the mail last week

3. 2006Sierra1500

I was talking about the HDs...

4. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

If your right I will be shocked

Maybe just a late release ?

Don't seem right (?)

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Just not released yet / selectable on website.

6. 2006Sierra1500

Why would there be a difference from anything else? The 2014 2500HD would have the same extended cab as the 07-13 because only the 1500s changed.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It could be a deal that GM is only going to do a limited run. The half tons have all changed body styles and the 3/4 and 1 tons will get the new body style next year.

8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Saw a 14' yesterday. Gotta wonder do the engineers know that wheels are round and square fenders and flares look stupid. To me they look stupid anyway not liking the new style at all looks goofy.

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

The Double cab bit is correct but only on the 1500 trucks which are all new. 2014 HD trucks are carryover for one last year and 2015 model year will be new body HD trucks.

For the carryover trucks, the extended cab HD has been dropped. Only regular cab and crew cab trucks will be produced. Not sure as to why this has been done, but the double cab should be back for 2015.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

What I read is that the plant that does the HD extended cabs is being retooled for the new half tons, hence the reason they are not avalible right now

11. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

That is correct, the ext. cabs are produced just outside of Fort Wayne IN whereas the reg. cabs and crew cabs are made in Flint MI, the 1/2ton trucks are being made in Mexico as of now while waiting for the production lines here to be revamped for new production which is when the new '15 HD will join them.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013