1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nnew to plowing for myself

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by LBGDevelopments, Aug 1, 2012.

1. LBGDevelopments

LBGDevelopments Junior Member

was wondering how everyone does it most of the people around here do it by the inch which is wat i want to do but im wondering how much is enough and too much how do u figure it out??? same for salting never had to charge for that before thanks
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

2 inches is the average trigger. Some have a set trigger like 3 inches or so.
  3. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

2"3" is the normal. Some charge by the push or per trip and some by the x amount per the year. Salt is different I don't do a lot of salting I buy it for x amount and mark it up. .20% for a bag. Plus my time
  4. LBGDevelopments

LBGDevelopments Junior Member

ok thanks but how do i figure out how much to charge per 2 or 3 inches??
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The problem with per inch is ,you need check points around town so there is no dispute as to how much fell. Your better off at per plow pricing or good old fashion seasonal contracts.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Make sur u hav a weather service, to bac up ur snowfall totals. I use WeatherWorksinc.com, wonderful to deal with.