1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by N&CLandscaping, Jan 4, 2011.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

Has anyone done work for National Maintenance systems? Just wondering how prompt they are with payement and how they are to deal with?...
  2. dan6399

dan6399 Member

Same this with me. I got some offers to plow some lots from them. There contract seem okay and If they do rip contractors off I would think they would have been caught. Is it worth my time?

3. SnowMT

SnowMT Member
    from MT

Yes, It depends there are some really good ones and some so, so, so. Make sure you review the contract once we review the liability section it's a deal breaker for us + We can't work for pennies on the dollar not when we are not not banking industry, Where we get some stimulis check because we had poor management. Nope. We have good planing skills along with realty of what true cost our. Now with that in mind. We have no control over "ACTS of GOD" (learned that from my SIMA buddies at a round table. GOOD LUCK. Know your worth.
  4. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I had good luck with them last year
  5. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I bid a kohls for them last winter. They came back with a price that was more than half the price I gave. They wanted it done for $17,000 for the season. Bid some rite aids this spring and didn't get them. Got a call in july asking if we could service 6 of them. There current contractor wasn't doing his job. Gave them a price for them, was all set to start them and then no call, no contract, no return emails. In my opinion they are the same as all the other National companies.
  6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

If you think you need a middle man taking your profits, someone to fight with to get paid, someone to armchair your operations during a storm for god knows where, then by all means work for a national managment company. If you people would stop working for these guys they will disappear. Many large corporations are finding that these managment companies are not what they claim to be. Why can't some of you guys see this too?