1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NJ Subs W/ Trucks Hourly rates?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BIG M, Dec 28, 2004.

1. BIG M

BIG M Member

I might need some subs in central Jersey.
    Whats a good going rate for subs with and with out there own trucks?
  2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I think it depends on the truck/plow size. Pickup, mason dumps, w/7.5-8' straight or V's I would figure somewhere b/t 65-80/hr. Larger dumps with 9' or bigger would say b/t 100-125.
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

My subs {if they have at least 2 yrs plow exp.}get $60 to $65 an hr.A town about 15mins from me is only paying $47.50 Plow/Sander the town provides the sand.Major city is paying $125.00 hr. for trucks over 33k gvw 11ft plow and sander
  4. aees115

aees115 Member

i worked for lipinski last season in cranbury he was giving me 70. his subs ranged from anywhere from 70- 80 an hour. i think that is a good number anything else would be a "low baller"
  5. roidman81

roidman81 Member
    from nj

we are NOT going to get any snow this year.. so dont woorie about it.
  6. computerguy

computerguy Member

Snow in NJ

Well, it is only January 1st. Get ready folks, just my opinion, it WILL snow in NJ! Middle of January to beginning of March is our best times to get significant snow. Tough to believe when it is going to be almost 60 today and I am going out riding the hog :bluebounc You gotta believe though. The snow will be here soon. Happy New Year everyone! :waving:
  7. JRDabs

JRDabs Junior Member

Big M....

Rates will vary based on geographic location, EXPERIENCE, size of truck/plow and demand. My philosophy is if you pay poorly you are going to get poor work. That is why lowballers never keep contracts.
  8. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Very well put...

Pay Peanuts ====>>>> Get Monkeys
  9. roidman81

roidman81 Member
    from nj

And they expect to get paid!!!