1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NJ sub contracting

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by gutter21, Nov 14, 2008.

1. gutter21

gutter21 Member

How much are guys getting for sub contracting in NJ:drinkup:
  2. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

Do you want to be a sub contractor or are looking for some?
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

75 to 85 .....
  4. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

I pay my sub 70.00 per hour.
  5. gutter21

gutter21 Member

Thanks for the prices.....im looking to do some sub contracting......what type of insurance should i need or will i be covered under thiers
  6. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Our subs are required to have their own insurance.
  7. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

General liability for snow, vehicle insurance and Workman's comp for your guy's.

It's pretty easy to fall and hurt yourself in the snow and Ice, The bigger problem is damaging property under the snow, concrete curbs, plastic sidewalk drains etc. It all cost $$$ and someone has to pay the bill.
  8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

One thing on insurance........anyone you sub for can cover you, actually they have to if you can't prove you have your own coverage. We let our subs choose, if they have thier own coverage, thats great. But for guys who don't have a regular business of their own sometimes it makes better sense for them to add themselves to our ins. To be added to their insurance expect about a 20% premium, ours is 12%workers comp and 7.5%liability. I used to work for a guy who charged more than he paid, which to me is wrong since he's already making money on you working for him.........but anyway, good luck!!
  9. gutter21

gutter21 Member

thanks for all the info.........i had a talk with him and i'm covered under his policy....i just need my regular insurance :drinkup: