1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NJ skid steer track loader rates

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BGroup, Jan 3, 2010.

1. BGroup

BGroup Junior Member

I have a Cat 287B High Flow and plow with a 10' Pro Tech Box and bucket. I currently charge $100 per hour and think that it may be on the low side. I recently plowed a lot that also had a backhoe with a 12' box and I was not impressed. The Backhoe may have had a bigger box but couldn’t get traction and move a full box. I had no problem moving a full load and maneuvering around the complex. I know I can’t compare a track loader to a regular skid steer but I don’t know what to charge. Please advise!!!

2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

well i would charge more than 100 more like 125-145. what i would do is figure out how much it costs you to run you loader per hour. yearly maintenance, tracks, or tires replacement. cost of pusher and replacement cost. cost of labor per hour. i think u get where im going. write it all down or use a spread sheet on the computer and go year after year. it helps alot

3. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Dang we are definetly on the low side at $85

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lmao, i respectfully disagree, i am at 75/hour, and i make decent money!!!

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hell I only get 60 an hour for my S300. Guess I am a low baller.
    Robert

6. BGroup

BGroup Junior Member

We are not talking about small wheeled skid steers. Most large track loaders have lots of power and tons of traction and with a 10' box it can move more snow faster. Thanks for your responce.

7. rob_cook2001

I don't see why your track machine is worth any more than a large frame wheeled machine. Is your cat 287 a 2 speed??
    Robert

8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

One thing to remember is are you a sub-contractor or the man bidding on the jobs? Some may post in here numbers they get when they bid jobs out and some post up here what they get paid to be a sub-contractor. Everyone needs to post up as to if they are sub contractors or bidding on their own jobs before they post what they get an hour.

9. rob_cook2001

I am a sub.

10. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

BGROUP = Brickman Group?????

11. chaos270

chaos270 Junior Member
    from CT

From what I've gathered for production rates a large frame skid/ctl with 8-10' pusher is worth between 100-150% of a 8.5' V-Plow. With a really good operator/ flexible system like the Kage or Horst? it could easily command an even larger percentage depending on the site. I would think you're close for a subcontractor in your area but would be low for a primary contractor for your setup. Biggest question is if you know your expenses are you happy with the money you're making?

About how much snow do you guys get? That will have a big impact on the value of special equipment like a pusher too.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  12. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

not one of the guys posting are from nj i get 150 an hour from one place and 200 from another this is for a bobcat s175 with just a bucket we tend to be on the high side but we get the job done right so they pay it

13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You're definitely on the high side, but good for you.

We get about 115 hr, more for after the storm loading and stacking work, but 115 is what we figure into bids where we know we'll use the SS to push snow.

14. BGroup

BGroup Junior Member

No, my company is Barcelona Group. I plow snow for another company in Camden County NJ. I do however blow mulch form Brickman.

15. ikold

ikold Junior Member

I've got a 277b. How does your unit do in the snow with tracks? Does anyone make a product that increase the traction of the CTL. I find that we slip around quite a bit.

Also if you were clearing a municipal airport (Just the hangars etc not the runway) would you use a pusher or a snow bucket?

16. BGroup

BGroup Junior Member

Sometimes it can slip, but just reduce the drag of the box or bucket and once you are moving you can apply more down pressure. Check out this link (www.bairproductsinc.com/products/bair_claws.html) for traction products. This company also has other great product for CAT track loaders.

I would use both for the airport first the box if the snow is substantial and then clean up with the bucket. If you have money to spend try one of the products: www.sectionalplow.com, www.degelman.com/index.php?p=Speedblade. They both have a metal cutting edge but the sectional plow also has a trip edge.

17. ikold

ikold Junior Member

thanks

Thanks for the advice.

Want to buy one of the two first and see how things go first. If we can make money then I'll get a pusher and snow bucket. Am thinking of starting with a 100" snow bucket and then the pusher, is that backwards thinking?

18. rob_cook2001

I would get a pusher before a snow bucket, the only thing a snow bucket is great for is loading.
    Robert

19. BGroup

BGroup Junior Member

I agree with Robert if the areas are large get the pusher first and if you have a regular bucket use that to clean up.

20. mrsops

mrsops Senior Member

Thats incredible money for a bobcat s175 which tends to be a slow machine with only 46 hp.. What size bucket are you using?