1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NJ salt pricing

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Well we might be using mostly bulk this year... bagged is rediculous already.

Got prices of $5.15 to 5.49 a bag and thats either by skid w/minimum amount or truck load, sucks...

no bulk prices yet, dont know what theyre waiting for.

Last year we paid between 3.79 to 5.49... 5.49 was when we were running out end of Feb though with no baggage commitment :/
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I have a guy selling to me at 75/ton delivered to Bergen County, I don't know who you use but call me if you're hung up.
  3. Henry

Henry Member

I could use that guy's number.
  4. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Same here, best I got so far was 85.00 delivered for Brown Rock salt and 95.00 for white.
  5. MK-X

MK-X Junior Member

I'm wondering if this 75/ton guy will perform all winter?sounds cheap.:confused:
  6. forestfireguy

It is cheap, but I've had a good expierience so far, his qoute for the season stood last season, so I think it will again. Make sure if you guys call him you tell him I referred you...............
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah we all used alot of salt last winter....i ran out in January.....had to go down to south jersey to get more. They really did not have much of a winter down there up to that point...so salt was available. Im going bag again this winter........have a pallet left over.....going to get more soon.
  8. Thesandman23

Thesandman23 Inactive
    from Kansas

Kind of Ice Melt

What kind of Ice melt were you using was it 100% Sodium Chloride or a Blend at that price?
  9. forestfireguy

Either he's getting a blend at a good price or he's overpaying for straight salt. But as we all know prices vary depending on volume, maybe he only runs through 10-15 pallets a season..............
  10. michigan salt

michigan salt Member

Salt delaware

I have Brazilian White Salt in Delaware for $65/ ton picked-up. Thanks. Its good salt. We moved a lot of it last year and all my customers were happy with it.

Michigan Salt Products LLC

11. MK-X

MK-X Junior Member

i would call him if i knew who it was.:)
  12. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Consistant mixes are running around 5/bag with a trailer full. I can get some for 4/bg but it is pretty nasty mixes. Mostly dust with a few larger pieces. The cheaper is harder to regulate out the spreader, the better stuff is butter and you can keep it in the spreader for a few hours before it binds.