1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NJ Commerical Insurance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BlueRam2500, Dec 5, 2005.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

To all NJ residents who plow commercially: What insurance companies do you guys use for commercial insurance? What did you have to do to get it as far as tax ID#'s and the like? I am new to plowing and will be purchasing a plow for my 04.5 Dodge 2500 soon. Thanks for the help.
  2. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Let me know as well, thanks
  3. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

4. iceman_4432

iceman_4432 Junior Member

Well as far as a tax id # ... you can either print out the paperwork from online and file for a federal Tax id # or you can use your social security # as your tax id #.
  5. CHPL

CHPL Member

6. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

NJ Insurance

I have Selective Insurance for my Business Liability and New Jersey Manufacturers for all my trucks. New Jersey Manufacturers (NJM) covers any of my plows if I hits a car, building, person, etc., they will cover it. If I am plowing Mamouth Mart 24 hour store and someone slips in their parking lot and tries to sue, that is where my Business laibility picks it up. Be carefull, if you are just going to plow and call an Insurance company, your going to spend a lot of money for 3 months of plow insurance. If you are planning on adding to your existing business it won't be so bad. I have an excavating company, when you get insurance they ask you what exactly it is you do.For example, I do excavating, dump truck service, snowplowing ,snow removal, demolition & rough grading which I list as landscaping. They want you to break down what you do in percentages. 45% landscaping (Cheaper calling it landscaping), 35% excavating , 10% dump truck work, 5% demo, 5% plowing.The risky it sounds,(Plowing, demo) the more its going to cost. I am not telling you to lie, just be construtive. Hope this helps.