1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nj 1/7/2011

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by s. donato, Jan 7, 2011.

1. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

lets get a new one started Thumbs Up

[​IMG]
    Closter, NJ

2. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Hey any clue how much snow we got? I cant wait till it stops so i can get out and make some money. HAHA

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I didnt have time for pics or video today ;(

4. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

in my service area i had houses with 6 inches and some with 3. it was really weird.

just got in. its icy out there though. be careful guys.

landed 3 new accounts on my own. one of which is my mechanic so i think there may be some barter work in my future ;-)

5. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

We had about 3-4". put in about 3.5 hours, these are the money makers.

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice to see someone is getting snow! the storms keep going south of us and I just picked up another account,
    Have fun and be safe,

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Barter work is very very good, Nice move on your part!

8. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Thanks ken I thought it was smart. Plus its on a main road that I chill at while its snowing and have picked up a couple customers just by them seeing my truck ;-) its a win win. Plus its in the middle of my service area so its a good place to take five and enjoy a coffee.

9. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

I'll never understand how you can "wait till the storm is over" to plow. Over here everyone has seasonal contracts and believe me if I waited after the storm to plow I'd lose all my clients...

10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Well Done, The good move got better!:salute:

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Storm 8 inches or less I wait until it stops, then make my rounds. Do them all one time and I am done. Takes me about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. 40 driveways and 2 small lots. Then I drive around looking for victimspayuppayup, LOL LOL

12. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i also wait untill it stops. im not gonna plow it twice if im only going to get paid once

13. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Im out as soon as there is an inch on the ground. I have to keep my lots open. Then ofcourse when its done do all the clean up crap.

I have alot of townhouse complex's that require to keep the main road open at all times.
    So i just open one up then drive to the next open it up and keep repeating...

14. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Anything under 8 inch we wait untile the end. As soon as they are calling for over 8 inch hit everything twice. And our customer like that. It take five truck about 5 hour to do a 150 driveways and 4 parking lots. If it snow during the day one truck take care of two of parking lot to keep them open. That not bad

15. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Anything under 8 inch we wait untile the end. As soon as they are calling for over 8 inch hit everything twice. And our customer like that. It take five truck about 5 hour to do a 150 driveways and 4 parking lots. If it snow during the day one truck take care of two of parking lot to keep them open. That not bad

16. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

Are you guys mostly "per push" or seasonal? Over here nobody knows per push lolll. I'm beginning to advertise it as another option instead of the seasonal. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in town to offer it. People around here are soooo cheap, you wouldn't believe it. It's funny how mentality can be so different a few hours drive away!

17. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

All our driveway are per push two off our parking lot are per push and the other two are seasonal.

18. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Mine is the total depth of the snow, one price up to 6 inches, 6-12 double, 12-18 tripple, 18-24 quad and so on up. I may have to go a few times to maintain, but thats how I do it and it works well for me. Been doing it this way for like 18 -20 years

19. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Thats a great way I never thougt of doing it that way.

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I price based on depth of the snow as well. I'm out working @ 2 inches for my commercial places but wait until the flakes stop flying to hit my residential properties!