1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nitto terra grappler tires???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johngus, Jan 26, 2003.

1. johngus

johngus Senior Member

Anyone using these nitto tires?they come in load range d and e,which is nice for my 2500 Suburban.i also was looking at the pro comp's A/T's.I was using Bridgestone A/T on my Ram and was happy with them but they're only available in load range C in the size I need.anyone rec any other "good" tires for my suburban?

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I have had both the pro-comps and the nittos. Nittos by far. Better traction in rain and snow. About even wear.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

What do these tire look like?don't ever think i have seen them.

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

[​IMG]

The the procomp all terrains are on the right.

[​IMG]

These are the nittos^
    Hope those pictures show up.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

the picture on the top left look like the bf goodrich i just put on very good on the snow.Much better than my generals that came with the truck .

6. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Check out these lugs!

Here are the ones I run on my GMC 2500 HD, Interco's TRXUS. Here's a link if the pics don't come through. http://www.intercotire.com/html/trxus_mt_sts.htm They walk through deep snow. Check out the side lugs:eek: . Great if you ever go over the edge, turn the wheels and the side lugs go to work to get you out. They are also siped for the rain and ice. 2nd year running these and am very happy with them Last year, the snow never went higher than the lugs, but this year they have been paying off:D . I forget the load range, but each tire will take like 3000# and they come in 6- 10 plys. You can check them out at www.intercotire.com (makers of super swampers). Made in the USA also.:)

7. johngus

johngus Senior Member

Are te Nitto an allterrain tire?How is the ride quality with these tires?this truck is also my daily driver so I don't want something too aggressive.i was thinking about BFG allterrain but at $160 each they're a bit pricey.thanks for your input Chtrucker.What kind of mileage are you getting with the Nitto's so far,compared to the procomp's which are rated for 50K.

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I got 40k out of them. Like all tires I have run on powerstroke the rears wear faster than the fronts:D

They are not as aggresive as the BFGs but are better suited to daily driver.

I sold my truck with the pro comps with only 8k on them. It was a much lighter Jeep. They did not have as much siping or voids that the nittos do.

The nittos are great because the come in E range. I would not get anything that wasn't after getting c range as stock on my Excursion.