1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nitrous

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Dec 24, 2006.

1. i have a 99 gmc 2500 5.7 wondering what you would have to do to the engine to get it ready for nos thought it would be a nice little thing to have for fun.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Keep it at 75-100hp or you will kill it. Even then use caution. Adding fuel and retarding timing is a good thing when on the bottle.

3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Planning on some high speed plowing?? xysport
    Check out www.fullsizechevy.com Should find tons about nitrous and new electronic engines. Personally I haven't tried it so no experience.

4. thought that i would give it a try to see how big of a pile i can push lol. only if we had snow

5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

I can put you in touch with a mechanic who has installed it in a PT Cruiser his shop is on the N.side of South Bend IN:yow!:

6. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

i ran propane in my 5.0 305 once right into the throttle body, ran pretty awesome, dangerous though without a way of turining it on and off and with a regulator, spun them all the way to 3rd gear in auto....

ah i mean...its dangerous period

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Joe D said it well.

Most people that have issues over revving or running lean and the BANG.

Some guys recommend add a second fuel pump and bigger pick up and fuel line that injects gas with the spray to help the lean issue.

You may consider a forged pistons.

8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Get a turbo instead, More expensive at first but alot cheaper in the long run. Check out the remote mounted ones, http://www.ststurbo.com/home. Extra 100 horses all the time without even seeing the turbo under the hood. There nice!!