1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Nitro1010, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Nitro1010

Nitro1010 Junior Member

Needed: Western p/n 28866 on/off variable speed control box

Hello to everybody. Not much snow here in S.E. Mich, sure is cold though - 22* right now. I am looking to purchase an on/off variable speed control box P/N 28866 for a western tailgate spreader. I don't know a whole lot about them, I've read that this control will operate all western spreaders. If you have one, I can be reached at; 248-249-8615. Thank you.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. ctbman

ctbman Member

northern tool sells a salt dog controller for around 200 bucks it will run any tailgate spreader and it also has a switch for a vibrator.it alot cheaper than the 450 or more for the western,just throwin it out there.
  3. Nitro1010

Nitro1010 Junior Member

ctbman, thanks for the info. I was able to find and purchase one from Bob Church, the Karrier company. He's a great guy who spent alot of his time to answer questions. I highly recommend him.