1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Sabre lights - package deal only?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Woodland, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Why won't diamond sell just the plastic housing for the lights seperately instead of making you buy the whole kit - lights, wires and modules? The plastic housing lost its water tight seal so my bulbs keep burning out but I don't want to shell out $150 to buy new wires and modules when they are perfectly fine.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's your dealer and I don't blame him at all. Meyer/Diamond light parts are available from Meyer but buying the kit makes the most $ sense. If your dealer split the caton down and sold it as parts they would make almost double suggested list of the nightsaber complete carton. It's more cost effective to buy the kit and hang on to the modules for when you need them then buy a single light and cheaper then buying 2. It's not like they don't fail, you'll need them sooner or later and with the right mount you can change them in the field.
    You could check e-bay for single lights but I'd be leery of used fixtures, nightsabers are suseptable to leaking and you could have the same problem.