1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Sabers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Moose's Mowing, May 5, 2014.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

My Nite Sabers are in pretty rough shape. Wiring and plugs are fine. The housings are OK too. It's just the bolts on the bottom are rusted and stripped. One is semi-loose but stays in place somewhat. The other side constantly bounces around and moves all over. This past winter at one time the damn thing swung a 180 and was shining into my windshield. There's no amount of JB weld and duct tape that can keep it in place. Not terribly interested in tearing the whole system apart. Anything I can do to possibly replace the bolts in the housings? Can I run generic lights off the nite saber wiring or will those drawn too much amperage? I'd like to keep this low $$

Thanks in advance

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

night saber lights suck. very poor construction. i have replaced them with regular lights on all my trucks with no problems.

3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Cool. I have a set of the old regular square style. That set came with a plow I got last year. So no wiring issues running a regular plow light off the nite saber harness?

I agree, that the sabers suck. They're not bright at all.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the sabers are 55 or 60 watt halogens. regular lights are only 45 watts aif i remember correctly.
    either way, the old bulbs use less power than halogens, so there is no problem with the wiring.

5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Drill out the rivets on the retainers, straighten the retainers, and use stainless cage bolts for mounting. I replace the rivets with stainless pan head bolts and nuts.

Now that I have nite sabers, I will never go back