1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Saber wiring problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Loganab13, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

I recently purchased a 7.5 foot Meyer ST plow with Nite Saber lights.No wiring harness came with the lights, with the exception of the plow side connectors. My question is, this plow will be going on a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, and I'm having trouble deciding which adapter or harness I need to correctly install the lights. The lights have a rectangular plug. Does anyone have any idea as to what adapter I will need? Thank you!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you try the meyer website yet?

3. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Yes, I have. I used the "EZ Transfer" search function. I think i have have narrowed it down. My only question now is what exactly do the light modules do?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Transfers your trk wiring to the plow wiring.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The modules are nothing more than a fancy relay that allows you to switch between truck and plow headlights from the cab. The beauty of using the factory provided adapters and components on new equipment, no trips to the dealer for a computer re-flash. They isolate the plow wiring from the trucks wiring and provide the components to handle any of the issues that might arise from the computer losing it's freaking mind over a little extra amp draw.

Anybody remember the Xerox (anybody remember Xerox:laughing:) that made the circuit entitled "What if Bill Gates designed your car" and we all thought it was a joke:dizzy: