1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Saber problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JTHogan, Nov 8, 2008.

1. JTHogan

JTHogan Junior Member

I just got everything back on the truck getting ready for the big blow. After plugging in the lights I realized the passenger side light wasn't working unless on "high beam" After pulling the plugs apart at the lights I found some corrosion. I put on some dielectric grease to help clean things up and after a little cleaning the "pin" used for "low beams" started to show power on a test light. About that time the pin broke and I lost power to that pin.
    First question can I just buy a replacement plug it's the male coming from the truck.

Second problem is that about the time the pin broke the trucks daytime running/low beam stopped working, From what I see the module is bad because I have power going in to the module but not out to the plow light or the truck light. Is it common for just one circuit to go bad high beams still work on the plow lights and everything else is working.

Thanks for the help,
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't purchase a repair end but you simply purchase a replacement module to light harness cable. Meyer p/n 07118..around $25 or so.

Neither low beam truck light works? But everything else works fine?
  3. JTHogan

JTHogan Junior Member

no just on passenger side. All other light functions work normally
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely a bad module then. Swap them side to side...if the problem also swaps sides then you know for sure it's the module.

Do not plug the plow light cable back into the other "good" module as it may have a short on the connector plug (your already aware there's corrosion in it) or else it may toast the other module. The truck lights will work without the plow light cables connected at the modules.