1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Saber Parking light problems...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Erjentplowing, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Erjentplowing

Erjentplowing Junior Member

Hello All! I posted here a year or two ago. I have a with 2003 Silverado 2500HD. My plow is a Meyer MDII with Nite Saber and a touch pad. I cant seem to get the parking lights to work no matter what I try. I have replaced the modules from the old 07116 to the newer 07548 kit. Checked all my wiring and connections, new parking light bulbs in the Nite Sabers. I also replaced the toggle switch in the truck. What gets me is I have turn signals just no running/parking lights? Any advice?

Thanks

Eric

2. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

check the main connector that connects the plow to truck side harness... i know mine could wiggle around and the parking lights would flicker...i took a punch and made the male side pins a little larger for a tighter fit..solved my flickering light problem

3. Erjentplowing

Erjentplowing Junior Member

Thanks ed39. So the connector I plug and unplug outside of the the truck to the plow?

4. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

yea, i took a punch on the plow side and just pushed firmly into all the pins to spread them a little bit along with some dielectric grease and i havent had any issues since try that out first, also i recommend solder and heat shrink all your connections when hard wiring the parking light wires...

5. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

are you sure you got the right adapters for the truck. I got my plow used years ago form a gm and was putting on a gm a few years different plug fit my lights but couldnt get lights working right. wound up that gm reversed the wiring on lights on newer trucks. I reversed the wires in my adapters and worked fine now I have spare modules.

6. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

i was talking about the main harness that connects truck side connector to plow side connector, i had no issues wiring in my modules and having them work correctly