1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite saber lights?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I just finished installing the nite saber lights on my 97 Ford F-350. Turned them on and nothing. No park lights, turn signals or headlights. My headlights turn off and the high beam light on the dash comes on but no nite saber lights. I have power to the modules and can hear the relay click when power is supplied to the light modules.Everything on the truck works. Are the light modules not working? Help please.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you know you have power into the modules did you check to see if you had it coming out on each respective wire? Not too often you lose both modules at once.

Didn't overlook the black ground wire on each module by any chance did you?
  3. cbeard

cbeard Member

The black wire meaning the ground wire. I have a good ground. I will try checking to see if I have voltage. could both bulbs be blown in the lights? What about the high beam light on the dash?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the black ground wire on each relay, however I suspect the modules have ground since they must be switching becuase the truck lamps go out. However theoretically they can still be defective, although as I mentioned it's very rare to lose them both at the same time.

Find it hard to believe both the headlamp and turn/marker bulbs are ALL defective either.

Did you use a genuine set of Meyer headlamp adapters? What p/n were they?
  5. cbeard

cbeard Member

I bought the plow used and all the wiring and modules came with the purchase. The guy I bought it off of was reputable and stated all the stuff was Meyers brand. It all appears Meyer Genuine. What puzzles me is the headlights on the truck turn off and the park and turn lights work on the truck but nothing on the nite saber lites. Along with the high beam indicator coming on at the truck dash. This is why I was thinking the modules were bad
  6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You do have the module's wired correctly right ?

Orange to switch inside cab

Black to a good ground

Yellow to Parking light

Green to Turn siginal

Link to wiring : http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/IS96 Meyer 1-757.pdf

Light adapter cross reference and drawings can be found here , so you can check if you have the correct adapters : http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/Adaptor Harness.pdf You should have the 07102 adapters , providing your truck has HB5 (9007) Bulbs.

Just seems odd that no parking or turn siginals work on the night sabres as these are basically a "pass through" in the module no matter which headlight adapters are used , if the module has an input to the respective terminal and a good ground , parking and turn will work..

Like B&B said , I would take a good look at the black ground wire .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

You bought this used you need to make sure you have the right vehicle adapters this will totally throw everything out of wack.
  8. cbeard

cbeard Member

After some testing i found the problem. I tested the plug comming out of the module and had voltage everywhere I should have. Then I tested at the socket on the nite saber lights no voltage. After wiggling the plug from the module to the lights I got voltage. I think the plugs need to be cleaned. I remember the previous owner telling me he didn't use the lights thus the corrosion. What can I use to clean the plugs? I can't clean the with a brush because its too tight.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions it gave a starting spot.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Use CLR to clean the connector plugs Chris. Works like magic. Simply pour some into a small container and dip the plug into it for a few minutes. Remove and rinse with water. Then some compressed air to dry up the water and they'll sparkle like new. Don't forget the dielectric grease afterwards to thwart off future corrosion.