1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Saber lights wiring help needed.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GMC21, Dec 29, 2006.

1. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

I will start off by saying that I know I am probably not going about this the easiest way, but I want to see if I can get this to work.

I have acquired an E60H pump, harness, touch pad, and nite saber lights. I got everything but the lights working (thanks to people on here). I was going to just hardwire the lights to a toggle in the truck, but I decided I would like to do it the 'right', way using the harness, if I can.

The harness, at least the light portion of it, is for a newer truck that what I have put this on. I have put this stuff on a 78 chevy that I plow my own driveway with.

What I am hoping someone can help me with is a wiring diagram. I have printed installation instructions for these lights, but it is not too specific (telling what color wires control what) because it assumes you have the correct harness for the truck. The harness I have has the 3 modules (A, B, and C) for each headlight and plugs into the harness I have coming up from the plow motor. The toggle switch for inside is a 3 post switch.

The wires coming out of the ABC module are what I need help with. I know I probably need to be more specific to get help and I should have brought one of the modules with me so I could explain it better. I did notice that there are numbers that coordinate with the wires going into the module, so I am sure there is a schematic out there that will set me straight.

Also if anyone knows where might be able to find the plug that is on the end of the wires coming from the light, it would be greatly appreciated. For some reason whoever took these off cut the wires just before the plug and lost the cut off ends (plugs). I am not going to buy new lights just to get the plug, I will sooner cut the end off the harness (truck side) and make my own connections. I would rather have the right end so it is just one plug, not six individual ones.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The truck side of the harness for the saber's are not "truck specific" Only the adapter's that actually connect the harness to the truck headlights are "truck specific". If you buy the correct light adapters (which for a 78 Chevy would be part no. 07180) then most of the harness will be "plug and play". The only single wire's you'll need to connect then will be the green and yellow wire's for the park and turn signal's and the orange 12V wire to the switch. And of course repair you plug's where they were cut off.

3. Whip

Whip Member

Not quite sure if this is what you are looking for but this is the installation instructions for Saber lights.
    Saber Light Kit
    Also, I have seen the connectors you are looking for on eBay. Type "snow plow" in the search and look through the listings.

4. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

Thanks guys

Thanks guys - I think the smartest thing to do is to get the correct harness, so Thank you B&B. I was not sure which harness was correct for this truck, but now that I do, I will order it. Thanks again.

Is Angelo's the best place to get the harness from?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. Whip

Whip Member

You're going to have to buy the whole Saber kit, or the kit without the lights from eBay.
    Here are the adapters you need to adapter Sabers to older harnesses: 180067853141

6. pcking

pcking Junior Member

Adapting Nite Saber kit to a 1999 GMC P/U

Hi, I'll apologize in advance as I am a total newbie, but I have a related question that I was hoping you could help with.

I am trying to install a Meyer Nite Saber kit onto a 1999 GMC Sierra K3500 P/U (diesel w/ manual trans - if that matters) and I am not sure what kit I need to adapt it properly. Not to confuse anyone, it looks just like my K1500 Suburban or most any other GMC/Chevy truck from 1992-1999...

The kit was previously in a circa 1990 Ford Bronco and worked well. Everything was retained when it was removed.

Can anyone help with the proper part number(s) and someplace where I can source the part(s) needed.

Any other tips/tricks are welcome too - I'm not above taking advice... :)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!! -Phil

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome aboard pcking! :) I think we can help you out with your headlight wiring.Need a few more bit's of info though........first, does your truck have the daytime running light's? And also give us the headlight number's off the lens on the front of the truck headlight's, Should be something like HB1 or HB5 or maybe 21A. This will ensure you get the correct adapter's for your type of light's.

8. pcking

pcking Junior Member

Yes, the 1999 has the DRLs.

I don't have the truck here now, but I'll get the number and get back to you.

Thanks for being so willing to help!

-Phil

9. pcking

pcking Junior Member

OK, the high beam side says HB3 and the DRLs go through the truck lights, so does this mean I need the 07104 as per the manual that was mentioned earlier in this thread? If so, I would love suggestions on where to source it quickly. What else might I need?

Also, I was told that there is some kind of issue where the Ford used a swtiched negative and the GM a swtiched positive (or vice versa). Can anyone confirm that this is the case and explain what, if any , action needs to be taken to address this.

I'd like to have everything lined up to bang this out before the weekend is over, as we are looking at some light snow early next week here on Long Island...

Thanks again for the assistance!!!! -Phil

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

pcking, all your going to need is the 07104 headlight adapter's and you'll be all set. The headlight adapters will allow you to plug the plow light harness right in to your truck headlight's.Don't worry about the Ford,Chevy, pos, neg thing.It doesn't apply to your year of truck. Then all you'll need to do is connect the green and yellow wire's to your park and turn signal's.You can get the adapter's from CPW, just click the link at the top of the page.

11. pcking

pcking Junior Member

Really appreciate it guys - we bought the Bronco with the system already installed, so I wanted to make sure we did it right on the new rig.

Should be a big differnce plowing with the diesel - hopefully we'll get a chance to find out soon enough...

Thanks again!!! -Phil