1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nite Saber 2 Lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GatorDL55, Nov 19, 2009.

1. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Anyone else running Night Saber 2 lights on their Meyer setup? I have for the last two winters and I get a lot of moisture/water in the lenses. Is this normal or do I just have a bad set? They were one of the first sets of the Nite Saber 2's that Meyer put out.
  2. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

I had the same problem in 1 of mine. bought a new 1 and ran some silicone around the lens seal n haven't had a problem .
  3. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

thanks - I was thinking about doing that - I have a call into Meyers to see if they would cover them under warranty
  4. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

did you hear back from the factory yet?? I actually contacted the factory myself and they said that we could warranty both lights for you and that they wanted to see them.

Let me know if I can help.

5. FreshCutLand

FreshCutLand Junior Member

had the same problem so did my buddy. the moisture kept blowing out the bulbs so we did the same thing blew out the light and siliconed every part of the lights and had no problem since
  6. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

That's great. I am going to drop them off at the dealer tomorrow. He said that he would call about the warranty. Do you work for Meyer?
  7. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

No, the company that I work for is. We spoke with Lou in Service @ Meyer.

8. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas, wanted to revive this..... Did you silicone the weep holes on the bottom of the light pod?? I want to do this up over the week prior to our next storm this Friday.
  9. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

My original post was from 11/09. I JUST got the new lights installed in January of 2011! Something about the place I ordered them got the wrong mounts (apparently meyers swtiched the mount). Then they broke the old mounts and had to tack weld the old lights on (which lasted one storm).

ABC gave me some BS that it was too long and out of warranty. The whole time they had my lights at their shop.

Long story short, I have brand new lights that don't leak water and new mounts also.

Oh, and I forgot to mention -- somehow they blew my cross over modules (both of them!) while installing the new lights. The guy came out and said "you know your low beams on your truck don't work". I said, No - they had been working previously. Ended up having to get a new set of cross over modules (on my dime because warranty period is up because they shat around for a year getting my lights) but worked out a deal for $100 for the set of modules.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  10. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I actually just set out to look for this thread after noticing condensation in my Nightsaber II's today and remembered reading about it. Mine came from Meyer with silicone all over the inside, yet Im still getting condensation on both of them.

Mine are less than a year old, and sat inside my garage for three seasons so that they wouldnt walk away. I need to find my paperwork to figure out where I bought them from.