1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan's new full size truck

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by DanG, Oct 9, 2003.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I happened to get something in the paper today about it. Also checked it out on the Internet at their website.Should be on the market in December from what i've read.

www.nissanusa.com

The truck is called the titan.

Looks pretty nice. It comes in extended & crew cab.

The standard engine(v8) is 300 +hp and 375 ft lbs of torque.They say it's marketed as direct competition for the 1/2 ton trucks out there now.

Might have to see what my father in law can do price wise( He's sales manager at a nissan dealership near here).

Dan

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

They are only built on one wheelbase though so with the crew cab I believe the bed length goes down to about 5'3" or something

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I was looking at the new full size Pathfinder for my wife. It shares much of the same components. Should get real interesting now as the big three start to get serious competition from other manufacturers.

4. Terrasnow

Terrasnow Junior Member
    from NY

I have called Nissan and Western trying to find out if we'll be able to mount a plow on the Titan.

Nobody can say yet.

Bummer on the baby bed with the crew cab.

Looks like Toyota will compete, too. Their crew cab will have a 6'4" bed. Goofy folding back seat, though. The Chevy crew cab's back seat gets my vote on design. It folds flat and has the best useable space. The dog won't like Toyota's approach.

:mad: