1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cleansweep007, Aug 20, 2009.

1. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Got a question for ya fella's. Has anybody seen a nissan titan with a plow on the front if it ? Just kinda curious about it. I interested in buying one and wondered if it could handle it or not.
    Thanks fellow plowers !

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

different manufacturers make plows that will your application. . . snoway is famous in the light duty truck market, and the rest of the big companies (fisher, boss etc.) will offer light duty plows for this app. . . just visit there site and look around it, they have a match system where you enter your vehicle info in an they tell you what blades they offer for that setup... would be a great truck for light work such as drives just dont get your hopes up that your going to get it and run it in big parkign lots.... good luck :drinkup:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've installed a couple. Nice unit handles the 7.5 26 series Snoway very well.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Yup

I have a 7' Meyer MDII Package with Nissian Titan mounting hardware and wiring.

I can put it on a pallet and drop it off at one of the local freight terminals if you want to arrange for the shipping.

If your interested give me a hollar

Jay 508 753 6617
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  5. rizzohhh

rizzohhh Junior Member

see how that meyer plow has an american flag on it. Now this guy wants to put that on a nissan. All i have to say is thats the reason this country is in a depression. There is no loyalty to the U.S. anymore people dont care if the buy jap crap. Why dont you buy a real truck then you could put a heavy duty plow on it

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Why give him a hard time

You are an idiot:realmad:, Why give the guy a hard time about the truck he buys. I have owned honda accords, toyota camrys and I have a nissan maxima and altima right now. I buy them because they are built well and run forever. I hate it when people are like YOU NEED TO BUY AMERICAN and give me a hard time about it. Let me tell you a story, One day I was at the bank depositing checks at the drive thru. I had to fill out the little the envelope with a little info. A guy pulls behind me with a GMC acadia and starts honking his horn and telling me to hurry up and get my piece of **** nissan out of his way. But I had only been there for about a minute and I was almost done. I gave him the international sign for hello "The Bird". I Then sat there for 5 minutes once I was done until he came up to my car and started telling me he was going to kick my ass. I told that Piece of $#!+ that I have owned CHEVY trucks my whole life and I will buy them the rest of my life since they do a great job. I buy the so called JAP car because they are reliable and you get years of great service out of them and they have the best resale value of any car out there. I told him to F OFF. I then went on my way and followed him a couple of blocks where he pulled into radioshack where he works. I then proceeded to go in there 10 minutes later and buy a battery from him and he had to be all smiles with me. It was great, he was so pissed off but his boss was right there. So you telling that guy he is the reason we are in a recession is ridiculous. If I met you one day I would like to go into your house and see how much stuff is made in america. Like I said earlier. YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND A HYPOCRITE!!!:realmad:

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Amen. I try to keep my comments to myself about these issues, especially on here, and I was going to on this one, but I guess I'll tag along. I really don't like those blindly "patriotic" comments. All manufacturers make good (or is it the opposite?) vehicles these days and it's a global economy, so who cares? Buying a Chevy doesn't mean all of your money stays in the States... I just read an article the other day that listed the top 10 vehicles by their US-made contents and there were a number of Japanese cars and trucks in there and none of the big 3 was on top.

8. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Wow thanks burkarts, and affekoing for the back up. Was just curious about the truck would hold up with a blade. In response to rizzohh I actually have a 1999 Chevy 1500 with a western ultramount and 1985 ford bronco with a western unimont. I do own American made vehicle's. I appreciate everyone's help with my question. This is exactly why I am a user of this site !!!

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Got any pics of your truck?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

The last time I saw a Nissan Titan I almost puked all over my windshield driving.

ewwwwww.

11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Funny that you say that. I just got home, I pulled up behind a Nissan Titan parked in front of my house. Someone coming out of the house next door said " What the hell is this??" I guess i parked a little too close to him ;). So I yelled out the window " Thats where real trucks park" LOL. The best part was he said "Ya tell me about it, thats the last time my wife goes truck shopping with me" LMAO

12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

13. ricjus001

ricjus001 Junior Member

Were you aware that they are made in the USA? Canton, Mississippi I believe. Dont buy "their" "crap" it is hurting our economy? Explain that to the people in Canton.

14. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Buy American .

15. JayMac

JayMac Member

OK, let's define American made.
    Is assembled in the USA from 80% foreign parts = American made, or car built by an American owned company made of 80% foreign parts and assembled in a foreign country but in North America (IE Canada or Mexico)= American made? For me it is far more important to support assembled in the USA it will feed far more people in the USA than the ladder and it is far too late to un-ring the bell of the world economy.

16. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

17. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Don't even get me started!!!!

First off, welcome to PS! Your Titan will make a fine plow truck as long as you respect it for what it is. I have an 06 Titan with a 7.5' 26 series SnoWay, and I absolutely love it. With the right amount of ballast and the right tires, this thing plows like a tank. Go with a 7.5', not a 7' as the 7 and a half is not quite wide enough sometimes. Just remember, it's a half ton truck and you'll be fine. I service many commercial accounts as well as a handful of residentials without issue. I do have pics up on this site and will find the link for you.

Now for the "Buy American" moron: First of take a look at this without your beer goggles on. My truck is an 06 Titan, assembled in Canton, Mississippi by American factory workers. The truck uses Dana/Spicer (an American company) rears, driveshafts, and u-joints. A great number of other parts are sourced from the states as well. So my truck actually supports American families directly. Now lets look at the "Big 3", a majority are assembled either in Canada or Mexico, by Canadian and Mexicans, and use many parts sourced from many other countries. So in reality, it is very possible that the only Americans seeing any support from your truck are the "fat cats" sitting in Detroit who needed to be bailed out by the government because they don't know how to curtail wasteful practices.

I consider myself a VERY proud American and am very patriotic, so next time you want to try to rip on someones patriotism based on a product that they purchase, maybe you should get your facts straight first!!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  18. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the dumbest video I've seen in a while. Didn't even finish it.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think he was taking about the pic in post #1 not the video that's a tundra in the video.