1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by jcramer, May 2, 2007.

1. jcramer

jcramer Junior Member
    from PA

Truck and plow newbie... just curious if anybody is using a plow on a Titan right now, and what kinds?

I have a 2005 Titan, XE King Cab. Interested in getting a plow, and I know it can't handle a "regular commercial" plow, but was hoping for something a little beefier than like a Homesteader...

Thanks! :drinkup:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check out the Snoway 26 series. Have a couple customers using them very successfully on the Titan.

3. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Look at the signature area for Plowsite member "linycctitan". It lists a 2006 Titan, and a 7'6" Sno-Way 26 Series plow. Here is a link to a thread that linycctitan posted in:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=46211&page=2

If anybody has any photos of a Nissan Titan with a plow, I'd love to see them.

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what about a western midwieght or blizzard 720lt

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I use a 2005 Nissan Frontier SE with a 7.5" Sno-way 22. Its hands down the best plow truck I have ever used.

If you do buy a blade. Get a SNO-WAY!!!!!

Peterbilt

6. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Peterbilt,
    Can you post some photos of your Nissan Frontier with the plow on it?

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The Fisher 7.5" LD should do fine for it.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

A 26 Series Sno-Way would make a great fit for your ride.

We at Sno-Way appreciate your business. Thanks for the props!!

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Working on pics

I know this thread originally began in May, but I will have pics posted this weekend. Very happy with my SnoWay. I also have a 3500HD Dump that I'll be setting up for next year, and trust me, I will be going all SnoWay on that also. I'll keep you all posted. Hey "PA", thanks for the plug!!:drinkup:

salopez - the only western offered for the Titan is the Suburbanite (same as Fisher Homesteader) & the Blizzard 720 is just too short, my 7'6" blade seems a bit too short in some situations at full angle. Hopeing for some wings soon!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  10. linycctitan

11. NHJAKE

NHJAKE Junior Member

Boss !!!!

I know that I'm way late posting here, However I'm on my second winter with a 7.5 Boss Sport Duty. And this is a great set-up. I have a 04 Titan Crew Cab. I plowed for 6 years for State Of New Hampshire DOT before becoming a full-time firefighter. I do 20 Residential drives, no problems to speak of. Poly push blade with a steel cutting edge. I looked a others but this looked like the best built imo. Only draw back is with the lower weight of the plow it won't back drag like a 8' steel plow....not that I thaught it would.

By a BOSS........you won't be dissapointed!

Plowing in NH.....

12. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Here is a pic (that I found somewhere on the web) of a Titan with a Boss plow.

[​IMG]

13. linycctitan

yeah, that's the standard duty plow that Boss does not recommend for the Titan. I called 3 Boss dealers after finding that pic a while back, they all said that they would not install it. 2 of them told me that they wouldn't even sell it to me "out the door" for my truck. It's all the better though, as I love my SnoWay, espeacially for backblading residentials.

14. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

The Boss looks to be a lot better setup, thats a sharp heavy duty plow.

15. mrplowmn

mrplowmn Junior Member

I have a Blizzard 760lt on a 2004 Titan. It works great! I'm selling the Titan and getting a heavy duty truck to pull skid steer. If someone wants plow or mount let me know.

16. linycctitan

I pull a Bobcat S185 with my Titan on a fairly regular basis. Pulls like a champ! I'd estimate the total combo weight (machine + trailer) at around 9000#. Unless you're towing it all week and planning to get a diesel rig, I'd stay with the Titan. I love mine.

17. Ric3077

Ric3077 Junior Member

You guys think a sno-way would work on a Titan 2WD or is it not even worth it...It would just be doing driveways and maybe a couple tiny commercial lots with less than 30 parking spaces,

18. linycctitan

2wd + plow + snow = no traction without serious weight in the back. Love Titans, love SnoWay, but wouldn't even attempt putting a blade on anything 2wd unless its a dually or a dump with a vbox in the back.

19. BlackLab

BlackLab Junior Member

I have a 07 Titan that I've been think about putting a plow on. Do you still have that Blizzard 760lt?

I've also heard good things about the sno-way plows.

20. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

IMO look for the most blade (width and height) with the least weight (strain on your trucks front end) and the most groudn clearance (including mounting bracket) with if available down pressure (to do less wear and tear on your truck because your using the hydraulics on your plow to do the work) that you can fit on your truck.

Once you research all the plows, you'll realize it doesn't matter if its black, red, yellow, white, orange, clear or stainless steel. Its about the once that does the most with the least penalty on your truck.