1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nycplow, Sep 24, 2004.

1. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

Got a great deal on a 2004 Titan (looking for a dodge 1500 ,but couldn't pass up the price i was getting for this nissan). Anyway , anyone know if they make a plow for this truck ? Or if the specs on this truck good enough to plow with ? THANKS ...

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes a 7'6"LT plow for it.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you know bolts i dont why blizzard web site dosent have a match guide like three of the major snowplow companys they would probably sell more plows

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I believe BLIZZARD makes a plow that would fit the application, but I don't think they have manufactured an undercarrige for the NISSAN yet?

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

5. Bolts Indus.

Yes they have one for Nissan Titan, 04 only.

760LT. For Sure For Sure.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Bolts,

What's the part # ???????

7. LyxLyn

LyxLyn Junior Member

I think the undercarriage is developed, but not wiring harness.

8. Bolts Indus.

Blizzard 760Lt
    Undercarriage part-- 35050
    Light adapter part--- 62199

9. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

Because blizzard made a set up for this truck , does it mean the truck is capable to hold this plow and do a decent job with out killing the truck??? Manual says NO PLOW ..

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I would say yes it will hold a plow and i doubt it will kill the truck. I would want to stay in the 300-450 LB range max (unfortunately). As long as you go easy on it and make a few upgrades such as an aux trans cooler and maybe some timbrens. I have nothing against the truck its self but nissan has failed in trying to compete with american 1/2 tons. I was at a Nissan dealer last week because my mother was looking for new cars, i asked the sales manager what they recommed for plows, their answer was " those little clear things, no fishers" Snoway i told him. "yea just the 6' snoways" he replies. Its too bad they advertise the damn truck like its an F-superduty and then the manual says "no plow". That would turn me off to the truck immediately. I sent nissan an email asking how they expect to compete with american trucks by saying no plows.
    The dealer would most likely give you warrenty trouble, however they have to prove that you screwed something up with the plow. If you are firm then they may back down especially a nissan dealer who does not deal with plows.

11. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

why would blizzard offer a 7'6" 550lb plow for it , and not something lighter ?

12. cja1987

Well, the lighter plow is just my opinion, if an undercarriage is made you can technically get any size blizzard you want including the 680 and 720 which are both in the 370 LB range. I am just going on the fact that the manuel says NO PLOW and what dealers have told me. I have never had the benefit of seeing a Titan with a plow to have any idea how well they carry them. Id also be willing to bet that not many dealers have seen for themsealves either. Use your own judgement its your truck. You don't have to get a blizzard either, fisher makes a lighter 7'6" LD which i think is in the 470 LB range, snoway makes a lighter 7'6" as well, check them out. Iam sure snoway has but i don't know if fisher has made a mount for the titan yet. The big thing is going to be the front axle rating, as long as you don't exceed that then you should not have a problem. Go to a few plow dealers and ask them what they can do for you. Also check with your nissan dealer on the warrenty issue. Good Luck iam sure you will find something that works out for you and the truck.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  13. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

GVWR on the truck is 6500
    GAWR is 3500
    are these numbers sufficient for a 500 - 600lb plow ?

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

is there any plows yet for that truck is the ?

15. Joelinnh

Joelinnh Junior Member

16. cja1987

Yes, bolts alredy said that.

17. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

I now know blizzard has a set up (thanks bolts) , just wondering if the truck will handle it ok with 6500 GVWR and 3500 GAWR ratings . I just feel like if i go to local dealers thell put any size plow on it, not worrying if the truck could handle it. I went to a BOSS dealer , he said they didn't have a mount for it , but would custom make one for $500

18. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Two things for the Titan with a plow.

Nissan Titans come with two tire options depending on model of the Titan. Regardless you want load range C tires for plowing with it. Side walls in the B range are not enough for the application. Also the Titan sits pretty low in the front. Daystar or equivalent coil lifts will help this problem.

They will hold the 760 LT and still fall inside the FGVW. Another option is to go with the 720LT which will also work on the truck. This will need a different push beam though and will require a special order.

Have done 3 of them now and have 1 coming in this week and another next week.

Jerre

19. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

Thanks for the feedback !
    What would work better for the low front , daystar kit or timbrens.
    Also jerre , just wondering ,(if you recall) were those Titans you did crew cabs or reg. ?

20. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Check to see if snoway make a plow for your truck. THe snoway plows are not as heavy as the others.