1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Titan With Super-V LD. Want To Install 4" Lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dt5150, Jul 31, 2014.

1. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

i've got a prg mini lift (2" front, 1" rear) on my truck currently, but i've always wanted to go higher. i want to install the rancho 4" lift, but it replaces the stock front crossmember. looking at my meyer mount, it looks like it attaches to the truck frame mostly, but i do see 2 bolts that appear to attach to the crossmember. i know that it could be made to work together, but i don't know how much altering it would take (or any at all) to get the meyer mount and the new front crossmember to mate up.

are there any meyer installers on here who could take a look at the rancho installation instructions and give me some idea about what i'd be getting into? any help would be appreciated. here's a link to the rancho installation instructions..

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/inst...ation_Instructions_For_RS6594B_Revision_F.pdf

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

At that point I'd ask myself, "Do I want a work truck or a play truck?"

3. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

why not both? :)

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Take some measurements on the two crossmembers, see how you'd have to modify the mounts and go from there. I didn't look at the diagrams but it may just be a matter of longer bolts or spacers. Or plate welded to the drop crossmember. I've never seen someone plow with a truck with a lift that requires the crossmember drop plate, well, not with mounts that attach to it at least.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

how much adjustment does the plow have to level it?

do you know you have to have the push beam level with the ground?

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

A lot of us have both, but they are two different trucks.

7. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks guys. looking at my mount and pics of the rancho xmember, it looks like i'd need to weld a plate to the bottom of the rancho xmember. it's not flat like the stocker, it's "V" shaped and open on the bottom. there's a vertical bolt that attaches the mount to the stock xmember. not sure about adjustablity, i haven't looked closely enough at this point. i did take some pics of the mount though..

this is a side shot. shows how the mount butts up against the stock xmember.
    [​IMG]

from underneath. it looks like there's both a vertical and horizontal bolt connecting the two.
    [​IMG]

i don't do any accounts or commercial plowing with this truck, just my own driveway and maybe my parents' if they go to florida for the winter. i know that it can be made to work, at this point i just don't know how much fabbing i'd need to do to get it to work. if it would be worth it.

8. geist262

geist262 Member

Dt5150 how are you liking that plow? I was thinking on getting one for my gm1500. I tried to pm you, but it won't allow it. Thanks for any insight and/or advice.

9. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

loving it.. the versatility of a v-plow is just awesome.

10. geist262

geist262 Member

Have you plowed through drifts with it in V mode? I was just wondering how effective it is. I'm either going to get a fisher SD or the meyer super v ld. My dealer wanted to try a snowdogg vmd, but I think it's too heavy for the newer 1500s. I do have a plow prep pkg on a reg cab.

11. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

yup, the v mode works great for plowing through the end of the driveway. the city plows leave some big windrows when they go by, some 3+ feet high. it zips right through em in v mode. i considered the snowdogg too, but the closest dealer was too far away and it's quite a bit heavier than the meyer. for me it came down to the western or the meyer super-v. glad i went with the meyer.

12. geist262

geist262 Member

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear it busts through compacted snow. That's a main selling point for me. I have a quarter mile drive that I will be plowing.

13. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

i think it would work quite well for you. the overall versatility and different blade positions is great. makes final clean up much easier, especially in scoop mode. no windrows.

got the lift put on, didn't have to modify the mount at all. the only thing different is that i had to omit the vertical bolt that goes through the back of the mount and up through the xmember. i was able to install the horizontal bolt back in the stock location. should still be plenty strong mount wise. i haven't tried to attach the plow to the truck yet so we'll see how that goes.

14. JoeThePlowGuy

JoeThePlowGuy Junior Member

Thanks dt5150

I have been looking at several setups for my 2014 Titan and I think the Super-V LD is my top choice. The information you and others have provided has been great.

15. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

sure thing. if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

16. JoeThePlowGuy

JoeThePlowGuy Junior Member

Who installed yours? Meyer told me that they super-v LD would not go on the 2014.

17. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

hp fairfield in concord did mine. also got a quote from hillsboro ford. my truck is an 07 though. $4995 installed btw.