1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Titan Plow?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Titan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Titan

Titan Junior Member
    from maine

Snoway has a plow, the 26 approx 450lbs...plow dealer states this is a great plow
    Fisher has the homestead. I am a novice re: snow plows, any advise?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Titan,

Yes Sno-Way does manufacture the 26 series plow for the Titan. With regard to a comparison with the Homesteader, it is like comparing apples to oranges. :nod:
    The homesteader is a personal duty plow which carries a 1 year consumer warranty. :sleeping:

The Sno-Way 26 series is constructed with high strength steels, is robotically welded and would be covered with our industry leading 5 year structural and 2 year hydraulic/electric warranty. wesport

Our 26 would also give you a larger blade profile and offer you as options our patented hydraulic down pressure system and wireless controls. To learn more about our 26 please visit our factory website http://www.snoway.com .

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

3. Titan

Titan Junior Member
    from maine

toby4492, thank you. I am only using the plow for my very long paved driveway. Will the weight on the Titan of the Snoway Plow cause any significant stress that will impact the Titan long-term

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

A few things to point out to you that have been covered time and time again are....

Will it void your factory warranty? Yes, if it's new and you have something related to driveline or front end break. If it doesn't come with a factory plow prep package it will be denied in 99% of cases.

Can I do a big long driveway or average size lots with my truck with out over stressing my truck? Most would agree it has been done with full size half-ton trucks with good results, a 3/4 ton and up is preferred.

What plow brand should I buy? One that service is local and you feel it best for service in a pinch. Don't ask one; use the opinion of many in your area.

Will a plow do as neat of a job as a snow blower? NO

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I know there's a member on here that has a boss on a titan, try doing a search.

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

7. Titan

Titan Junior Member
    from maine

again, just to reiterate, My driveway in narrow and approx 800ft. I have been using an ATV which is useless in heavy snow. I like the Titan and would like a light plow for home use only. I live in southern Maine near the ocean. We could see very little snow or large amounts in each season. Would the Snoway 26, 450lb plow be too much for the Titan or should I go with the 250lb Fisher Homestead?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The titan handles the 26 series Snoway very well.

9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Here's another choice

Look into the Curtis plow , They have a nice light 7' for your truck. 460 lbs

http://www.curtiscabs.com/Home-Pro_Plows.html

Built right here in New England! Worcester, Massachusetts,

I live only five miles from their plant and showroom.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  10. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

can't go wrong with a curtis

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

SNOWAY hands down thats it that simple.:salute:

RCGM
    Brad